Modern Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
Modern Tools

Hammer - In ancient times a hammer was used to inflict pain on one's enemies. Modern hammers are used to inflict pain on oneself.

Pliers - A device used to extend your reach the necessary few inches when you drop a one-of-a-kind screw down behind the new wall it took you two weeks to install.

Electronic Stud Finder - An annoying device that never goes off when you point it at yourself.

Halogen Light - A worklight that lights up your backyard with the incandescence of a football stadium, causing you to cast a heavy shadow over the area you're working on so that you need to use a flashlight anyway.

Cordless Drill - A device that lessens your chance of electrocution 90% over a standard plug-in tool.

Cordless Telephone - The handyman's 911.

Air Compressor - A mechanical device similar in principle to harnessing the power of your mother-in-law's nagging complaints and using the resulting airflow to blast old paint off the side of the house.

Chain Saw - Allows you to cut your way out of the shed that you accidentally built completely around yourself.

Vise Grips - A pair of helping hands that doesn't critique the job you're doing or offer advice.

Last edited:
I'm confused. My wife tells me I am a tool. Sometimes she tells me I am something else. I'm confused.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Halogen Light - A worklight that lights up your backyard with the incandescence of a football stadium, causing you to cast a heavy shadow over the area you're working on so that you need to use a flashlight anyway.
A worklight that also heats the work area to uncomfortable temps and burns you when you grab it without thinking.

Originally Posted by Gebo
I'm confused. My wife tells me I am a tool. Sometimes she tells me I am something else. I'm confused.

Just reply "Yes honey!" She is always right.....

Originally Posted by Onetor
Just reply "Yes honey!" She is always right.....

I tried that. Soon she started saying I wasn't listening to her.

I need to buy a tool because I have a screw loose.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722
"Thumb Detecting Nut Rounder"

Credit to AvE on YouTube, though I made it rated PG
lol.gif

Known also as the "all 16ths" wrench or "Russian special tool."

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

lol.gif

Known also as the "all 16ths" wrench or "Russian special tool."

Speaking of dimensions.

After my father-in-law (a mechanic) passed away I inherited about 35 pounds of open-end and boxed wrenches graduated in 32nd's of an inch. I think I'll donate them to an agricultural museum.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Speaking of dimensions.
After my father-in-law (a mechanic) passed away I inherited about 35 pounds of open-end and boxed wrenches graduated in 32nd's of an inch. I think I'll donate them to an agricultural museum.
Then you'll unexpectedly need them shortly afterward. A couple of weeks ago, I used my old fractional-inch-dimensioned wrenches---some for the first time ever---helping a friend repair a Troy-Built chipper-shredder with a B&S engine.

Those stepped up in 1/32" will hit on several metric sizes … white duct tape and magic marker, ✅

lol.gif

AKA wrench that doesn't fit any nut.....

Claud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back