Fires in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, 1000s evacuate their homes----where do they all go---news media does not cover that part...????????????????????/

Perhaps they can find someone with a tent willing to share. They've got enough parties to choose from... From north to south. Either way they won't have to drive far.

My brother says there are many in a plaza down the hill from him.

He is in Valencia near Santa Clarita near the College of the Canyons.

Just reminded me I must call him.

Getting ready to go to the ocean and walk the dog on the beach trails, gorgeous weather but a little cool in the morning now. The unfortunates who had to evacuate went the same places flood, hurricane, and other disaster victims go. My news channel shows some of the shelters, but most go to relatives or motels obviously. News cameras aren't following people around to where they are going. Why do you want to see that anyway? Change the channel.
laugh.gif

Great question. I am guessing besides motel/relatives/friends there are shelters etc. This is not the first time they have run into this issue unfortunately in CA. Disaster relief has decent experience in this in recent history.

Hotels, friend/family houses, they turn some school gyms into centers. For large animals there are colleges and fairgrounds where you can bring horses or cows.

This happens every year. The usual places are set up as evacuee centers. Once the fires die down the winter rains come in and the mudslides force people out again.

This is a regular occurrence in California, long before HICC was invented.

Evacuation centers are usually churches, community centers, schools, etc. We use them at least annually.

People who have friends and families usually just crash their living rooms for a few days.

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
So, 1000s evacuate their homes----where do they all go---news media does not cover that part...????????????????????/

Some people have to sleep in their vehicles at a Wal-Mart Supercenter parking lot...

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by CourierDriver

Some people have to sleep in their vehicles at a Wal-Mart Supercenter parking lot...

I didn't know a Prius had that much room.

The Kincade fire is more than 130 miles away.
Sunday evening, going outdoors smelled like a campfire.
Everyone around here is coughing and rubbing our eyes.

Last November on our camping trip in Felton, CA (one of my favorite places) there was smoke from a fire and it was smokey from San Jose to Monterey...though coastal redwoods kept smoke out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Amazing place. Go every November. Kids like the Santa train that starts at the board walk.

[Linked Image]

Really enjoy Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park.

P.s. Sorry for picture orientation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back