Mesh Wi-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Yes ^^ However, for me, its not really about saving money. Its the fact that my entire house can be very well served with one well made router. The less complicated, the better reliability, even more so with consumer items. Add to that and one centrally located router allows me to have all my equipment on a UPS so I have internet even when power fails. Not as big a deal anymore but still kind of cool.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Leo99
I have no problem covering 4000 sq ft with just the modem router in my house. I have the router dead center in the house and an open floor plan. Move in first and try it out before spending big bucks on mesh.

You have no idea who you are talking to. The whole idea is to spend the big bucks. That is how TheCritic rolls. ALWAYS.

IF IT DOES NOT COST BIG BUCKS, IT IS NOT GOOD
:)

Originally Posted by RTexasF
Critic,

What did you end up doing? Mesh or no?

No mesh. Ended up with Nighthawk X6s/AC3600 from Costco because I needed a few ethernet ports for the solar panel "receivers." Signal strength has been fine in all areas of the house.

I plan to revisit the router placement once I finish moving in and have more time to look into this.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back