Favorite Horror Flick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spirit of Halloween, let's talk horror movies!

My top 3 in no particular order

John Carpenters Halloween (1978)
The Thing (1982)
House on Haunted Hill (1959)

Honorable mentions to:
Scream (I was a kid when this came out, they're not bad for being a psychological slasher film series from the 90s)
Psycho (1960)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (in particular, "The Next Generation)

Exorcist (original)
Omen (original)
Halloween II (original)
The Thing (original)
Dracula (original)

Alien: hands down the most horrifying monster ever to come out of a diseased mind. I saw this in the theater when it came out. My dad took me.
smile.gif

The Shining: Jack Nicholson, 'nuf said.

A couple less violent slow creepers I liked:
The Sixth Sense
The Mothman Prophecies

I really enjoy horror movies. I'd say my favorite is probably 13 Ghosts. I also really enjoyed Wes Craven's Dracula 2000. The only horror movie I've not been able to watch was the original Exorcist. That movie just scares the sh*t outta me. Also hits close to home as I lived in St Louis for awhile and that's where the incident the story was based around took place.

i was around ten the first time i saw the original exorcist ! thats the only movie that has ever scared the living sh!t out of me.

Night of the living dead...kinda corny 55 years later but IMO the first real zombie movie. The Shining...Sixth sense.

Originally Posted by MrMoody
Alien: hands down the most horrifying monster ever to come out of a diseased mind. I saw this in the theater when it came out. My dad took me.
smile.gif

The Sixth Sense
The Mothman Prophecies

Saw "Alien" in a theatre when it first came out.
Probably the best horror/suspense movie ever.

Most of the ones above, especially John Carpenter's "The Thing", considered by some one of the best sci-fi/horror films of all time.

I'm a sucker for Zombie flicks, Romero's Night of the Living Dead (both the original and the 1990 remake) and most of the series of films are good.

I also liked the 70's version of Salem's Lot, If nothing else for the window scene...

I like a lot of the movies mentioned already. Here's a few not mentioned Evil dead, 30 Days of Night and The Babadook.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Exorcist scared me as a kid. Excellent

"As a kid"? Just think how it scared me...as a parent!

Aliens (2nd one)
Christine
An American Werewolf in London

Werewolf movies were scary as a kid because I use to go out in the woods all the time, which is where all the [censored] werewolves hang out in those movies, lol.

Originally Posted by MrMoody
smile.gif

The Sixth Sense
The Mothman Prophecies

Obsolutely, Alien (the xenomorph) is the most terrifying creature I've ever seen. Just pure evil. Saw it in the theater when I was young (parents took me), I swear it took me 19 years before I could sleep right again.

Other honerable mentions...

The Thing
The Shining (Nicholson's dialogue at the bar was brilliant)
30 Days of Night was pretty good
The Haunting in Connecticut
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back