You Tube and ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you noticed that now they're sticking ads in the middle of videos on YouTube? It's bad enough we have to watch them at the beginning, now we are bombarded with them all throughout the videos. Where does this nonsense end?

When you start using ad blockers on the browsers and another version of YouTube (i.e. modded Youtube) on android.

Do you use any ad-blockers on the browser? Ad Block Plus is a good place to start. There are many copycats, stay away from them. If that is not enough, add Get Adblock in addition to it. If that doesn't help, add AdBlock for YouTube. I am not too sure which one of these actually block ads on YouTube but I do not want to see a single advertisement while browsing so I enable all of them. For some websites/forums, I disable them specifically.

If you are on an android device, get YouTube Vanced I have been using this for 3-4 years now and do not see advertisements in the videos.

All of these are safe to the best of my knowledge. As I said, I have been using for years and have never had any issues.

I just recently upgraded to YouTube Premium after canceling SiriusXM. Got the family plan... no ads on anything, and their Music app is actually pretty good.

Originally Posted by grampi
Have you noticed that now they're sticking ads in the middle of videos on YouTube? It's bad enough we have to watch them at the beginning, now we are bombarded with them all throughout the videos. Where does this nonsense end?

It won't. It will keep getting worse. Now, recently on several videos, you will get 2 ads instead of 1 before the video even starts.

Originally Posted by billt460

It won't. It will keep getting worse. Now, recently on several videos, you will get 2 ads instead of 1 before the video even starts.

exactly, they are Trying to make you frustrated enough to spend the $10/mo or whatever it costs now for their premium ad free service.

just like every TV Channel.

and then they wonder why piracy has rebounded...

Last edited:

Nonsense? It's a business. Probably costs billions to run YouTube. You expect that for free?

The 5 second ads in youtube videos are still much better than TV, where you get to watch 3 minutes of advertising between 4 or 5 minutes of content. When cable was starting up 40 years ago, wasn't the promise of ad-free channels a key selling point? Whatever happened to that idea?

Originally Posted by atikovi
The 5 second ads in youtube videos are still much better than TV, where you get to watch 3 minutes of advertising between 4 or 5 minutes of content. When cable was starting up 40 years ago, wasn't the promise of ad-free channels a key selling point? Whatever happened to that idea?

Don't worry, Youtube will be the same, just give it some time. We already have one individual defending it because it's a business. I'm sure that once youtube moves to show advertisements even on paid accounts, there will be people defending it as well.

We have Dish and with the exception of NFL/NBA games all shows we watch are on DVR so we can skip over ads. Some networks even have a hop option that automatically skips over ads without having to fast forward.

Youtube is horrible. ESPN and the other sports apps are worse. I'm not watching a 30 second ad ahead of a 60 second video.

Anyone remember when you paid for cable because it didnt have commercials vs over the air tv that did?

HA!

Originally Posted by KrisZ

Don't worry, Youtube will be the same, just give it some time. We already have one individual defending it because it's a business. I'm sure that once youtube moves to show advertisements even on paid accounts, there will be people defending it as well.

If you want a service to be free, they have every right to advertise. Like a previous poster said, servers, electricity, and technicians aren't free. However, if I pay for a service it should be ad free. They start advertising on YouTube premium I'll drop my subscription in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
Anyone remember when you paid for cable because it didnt have commercials vs over the air tv that did?

HA!

Nope, don't remember that. DUH!

When cable was starting up 40 years ago, wasn't the promise of ad-free channels a key selling point? Whatever happened to that idea?

Ive boycotted YouTube since seeing what they do to Crowder and Tulsi - vast differences on the spectrum, so don't go there... and they demonetized one of them on top of other shenanigans.

It's not clear why one would think they should get media ad free... broadcast tv has ads... OP do you have cable TV? Cable is the worlds biggest scam, since you pay to watch commercials...

Why should streamed media be any difference?

And apparently YouTube pays some folks, at least those who have enough views and aren't demonetized.

I subscribe and never see an ad. Along with Google Play Music, it's a tremendous value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back