2007 Camry stalling out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car just died in slow traffic today, cranked it back up and it went about a half mile or so and died again. Then it would crank and run for a second and die, finally called the wrecker and had it towed to the shop. Suppose to know something tomorrow afternoon. What could be causing this ? The car has 203k, and a V6

Outta gas or fuel related anyway. just a guess from the symptoms.
grin2.gif

another guess would be fuel pump related. I think you may need to either try to pull a code if your check engine light is on, if not take it to a reasonable mechanic.

my 1990 Nissan sentra did that at about 120k and 10years old and it was spark plugs and wires,

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kenwin30
The car just died in slow traffic today, cranked it back up and it went about a half mile or so and died again. Then it would crank and run for a second and die, finally called the wrecker and had it towed to the shop. Suppose to know something tomorrow afternoon. What could be causing this ? The car has 203k, and a V6

Any codes ?

Mechanic said it is showing codes for each coil, and he said the coils are good cause they are showing no performance issues, he thinks it is something to do with the computer on the car, the car hasn't died or stalled on them so far, and told me to take it to dealer and let them update/reset the computer

Does the car die at idle or when pressing the gas pedal or when coming to a stop? IAC valve and throttle body could probably use a cleaning as well as the PCV valve.

How long have you owned this car and when was the last time the spark plugs where changed (if ever)? Coils or wires could be a possible issue as well.

Do you do your own repairs or you let someone else
Do it for you???

Mechanic said it is showing codes for each coil, and he said the coils are good cause they are showing no performance issues, he thinks it is something to do with the computer on the car, the car hasn't died or stalled on them so far, and told me to take it to dealer and let them update/reset the computer

By "codes for each coil"......I guess you're referring to DTC's P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354. P0355, & P0356 being set?

If so.....Most likely a Ignition Power supply or the Ground supply to the Ignition Coils as they are both shared across all 6 coils. The odds of all 6 Ignition Coil Drivers in the ECM to fail or Intermittently fail are extremely remote.

The set criteria for the above codes is a missing "Ignition confirmation signal (IGF)", In which all 6 IGF pulses are transmitted over a single circuit, An open in this circuit could cause all 6 DTC's.......But, If IIRC, The engine will still run.

The fact that it stalled on you & runs fine for the mechanic.......Leads me to believe it's a Intermittent loss of power or ground.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
my 1990 Nissan sentra did that at about 120k and 10years old and it was spark plugs and wires,

yep- that's it.

drove it the last 3 days with no problem, and today it died again, went to autozone and they pulled the codes, PO351, PO352, PO353, PO354, PO355, PO356

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back