2005 Mercedes E320 CDI (OM648) - Mobil 1 TDT 5w40 - 10k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first UOA on my CDI. Have owned for ~70k miles, and always fed Mobil 1 TDT 5w40 CJ-4. Found a deal thanks to BITOG years ago. I had been following the maintenance minder on the car, which usually calls for a change at 13k. I changed this at 10k as I wondered how things were faring.

Mann or Mahle oil filter, can't remember.

Car is driven 70% highway, with mild traffic. Most other driving is secondary roads with very little stop and go. Looks safe to extend to 13k, right? Iron seemed a little high, but appears in line with this family of engines. Viscosity is up a bit too, but doesn't seem too far out of spec.

[Linked Image]

I can't find too many UOAs out there for this specific engine, but the 5 cylinder OM647 is in lots of Sprinters. Analysis for same engine at 6k miles:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum...my-cdi-oil-analysis-cdi-oil-analysis.pdf

Last edited:
I would highly recommend considering OCI extension; that lube is in fantastic shape, the wear rates are very low and the contamination is nearly non-existent.
I would try 15k miles on your next one.
Then perhaps 20k, if the data still looks good.
Very impressive.

And ... 14 posts in 10 years?
Also very impressive restraint!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dnewton3
I would highly recommend considering OCI extension; that lube is in fantastic shape, the wear rates are very low and the contamination is nearly non-existent.
I would try 15k miles on your next one.
Then perhaps 20k, if the data still looks good.
Very impressive.

And ... 14 posts in 10 years?
Also very impressive restraint!

Will keep pushing it! I can't believe I've posted so little either, lots of lurking, plus 2 kids, house, old cars, hunting, etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back