Pre cold snap fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days ago, here in Wichita, I went out fishing at the Lincoln street bridge right before this cold snap hit. At the time it was about 60 degrees out but in two hours I caught 2 pretty reasonably sized catfish for the location. I've lived my whole life thinking that summer was the only time to fish (as influenced by my father) and I really want to start fishing all season. Do any of you guys have some tips on fishing when the weather cools down?
It has since dropped below freezing but I'd still like to try my hand at more fishing. How does air temp vs water temp influence their patterns?

Last edited:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here are a couple pictures of the fish

Some of the very best small mouth bass fishing I ever did on the Susquehanna River was in mid-October. One time, went out with a buddy with 30 minnows. We made 30 casts over a drop off by a gravel bar with some overhanging trees and caught 30 bass (some small). Never had a day like that before or since. They must have been feeding to fatten up for winter that day.

Biggest Muskies of the year come in Oct/Nov.

They call it the 'full moon bite' on Lake Mille Lacs. Oct and Nov, weather depending, are when the hogs are taken.

Its currently snowing where im at, but I think once It warms up again im going to try my hand at some muddy river largemouth and white bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back