Who is your favorite Heavy Metal Band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Halen
AC/DC
Guns'N'Roses
Poison
...oh, who are we kidding - any 1980's rock band works for me!

;D

Aren't Pantera, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Lamb of God, Crowbar, Black Label Society, Testament, Exodus, Sepultura, etc......Considered Thrash/Speed Metal bands??

While I don't care for Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, They are the definition of a Heavy Metal Bands in my opinion.

Outside of the Thrash Metal bands I listed which are my all time favorites.....I do like Type O Negative, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Primus, Rebel Meets Rebel, Suicidal Tendencies, Black Flag, The Rollins band, Misfits, Rammstein, Down, Motorhead, Guns & Roses (Appetite for Destruction ONLY), White Zombie (NOT that Rob Zombie techno junk)

I consider Megadeth better than Metallica, I'm weird like that!!

I grew up listening to Judas ,Megadeth and PAN(F----ING )TERA.Now its death metal with a groove.
Obituary
Aspyhx
Six Feet Under

Hey Buster check out Donald Tardy of Obituary.
One heck of a drummer!
Never mind the GROWL!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clinebarger

Dave Mustaine... the best guitarist people love to hate on.....‚

How could i forget Suicidal??..duh.

Originally Posted by grampi
I quit listening to heave metal...I listen to mostly mellow stuff now...

People who ride in my car are often confused by my playlist.

It will go from Maiden to Heifetz to Coletrain to Debbie Gibson.
I mean I'll skip songs depending on mood but anything is possible.

I have well over 2000 CD'S ripped to my library

Originally Posted by ZZman
Surprised not more Priest fans.

Judas Priest was the first concert I ever saw! I was only 14! (in 1984) I liked them a lot back then but I can't get into their music as much anymore. Iron Maiden was the second concert I saw (also in 1984) and I can still listen to their stuff to this day though.

Originally Posted by buster
I've posted this before. My brother playing some DT (Under a Glass Moon is one of my favorite solos).

You should post more videos of your brother on Facebook, he is a seriously amazing guitarist! I wish I were half as good as him!

Aren't Pantera, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Lamb of God, Crowbar, Black Label Society, Testament, Exodus, Sepultura, etc......Considered Thrash/Speed Metal bands??

While I don't care for Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, They are the definition of a Heavy Metal Bands in my opinion.

Outside of the Thrash Metal bands I listed which are my all time favorites.....I do like Type O Negative, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Primus, Rebel Meets Rebel, Suicidal Tendencies, Black Flag, The Rollins band, Misfits, Rammstein, Down, Motorhead, Guns & Roses (Appetite for Destruction ONLY), White Zombie (NOT that Rob Zombie techno junk)

Yes, they are all thrash metal, the best sub-genre.

And I agree with you on Megadeth. Mustainr might have fried his brain with drugs but at his worst he was still a better human being than the Metallica guys who were, and still are, garbage holes.

Originally Posted by Patman

Judas Priest was the first concert I ever saw! I was only 14! (in 1984) I liked them a lot back then but I can't get into their music as much anymore. Iron Maiden was the second concert I saw (also in 1984) and I can still listen to their stuff to this day though.

That comes with age. I don't listen to too much of what I use to but on occasion, if I hear an old song, I'll crank it and relive my youth.

My first concert I ever saw was Foreigner at Exhibition Place back many years ago. Zon opened for them. It was a great time but I couldn't believe how loud it was!!
I rarely listen to Foreigner, and they weren't my band of choice back then either, but my buds and I, for some reason, decided last minute to check them out. We bought scalpers.

I've seen many bands over the years, with Lynyrd Skynyrd being the latest concert last year, but I don't ever recall, other than Aerosmith, being to a show I didn't like. Aerosmith's sound was messed up for some reason? Steve Tyler could been seen yelling off to the side of the stage constantly. It was a hard show to get into and judging by the lack of the audiences enthusiasm, I wasn't the only one who was thinking that.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Heavy metal? Iron Maiden are the forever kings!

+10,000

End of discussion
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules

Dio had the voice for sure.

Seen lots of band names I never heard of. I need to check them out!

Look at my license plate :)
[Linked Image]

Lol...you are conflicted

I like Megadeth more too, though I think the heavy radio play of Metallica just wore out a lot of their songs for me.

I really like Corrosion of Conformity and Acid Bath (Louisiana "sludge metal").

Iron Maiden, nothing else (perhaps Priest) comes close in my humble opinion.

Up the Irons.

The fact that these guys are performing at their age, flying from continent to continent is unbelievable.

And let's not forget their Financial acumen (i.e. purchase of their jet), among other things.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
clinebarger said:
How could i forget Suicidal??..duh.

"Why don't you just give me a Pepsi?"
lol.gif

"..all I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi"...‚...‚

.....ya gotta have ST in the playlist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back