wash microfiber towels/rags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use regular Tide and a splash of Woolite in the wash with warm/hot wash water and a cold rinse. Always hang my microfiber towels/wash mitts/wax applicators to dry.
Right after a wax, like yesterday, I put my applicator in the bathroom sink and with hot water and Woolite, I wash it right then and there. Woolite, whatever is in it, does a great job, imo, at removing the wax from the pad. I rinse with warm/hot water a few times to remove the wax/Woolite then hang to dry. The applicators come out looking like new each and every time.

Originally Posted by irv
I use regular Tide and a splash of Woolite in the wash with warm/hot wash water and a cold rinse. Always hang my microfiber towels/wash mitts/wax applicators to dry.
Right after a wax, like yesterday, I put my applicator in the bathroom sink and with hot water and Woolite, I wash it right then and there. Woolite, whatever is in it, does a great job, imo, at removing the wax from the pad. I rinse with warm/hot water a few times to remove the wax/Woolite then hang to dry. The applicators come out looking like new each and every time.

Trying this Woolite thing today.Thanks. I have a small load of cleaning rags that are violated with wax, dirt, window muck. I usually use my home made detergent or Tide Simply whatever and a cup of ammonia to get the wax and oily stuff out.

I have a drying rack I sometimes use to avoid the dryer. Usually for these it's full to get rid of any lint and air dry.

A dedicated "chemical guys microfiber wash" is good at removing residue from the fibers. Also All free & clear with some white vinegar cleans well in hot wash, delicate low temp dry or air dry.

Originally Posted by Koncrete_Cam
A dedicated "chemical guys microfiber wash" is good at removing residue from the fibers. Also All free & clear with some white vinegar cleans well in hot wash, delicate low temp dry or air dry.

Vinegar is amazing. Watched a "Watch JR Go" video where he used water and vinegar to remove mold in a VW Passat wagon he'd purchased for $500.

It goes in my dishwasher to keep the insides from build up and soap scum off the glassware.

Originally Posted by DweezilAZ
Originally Posted by irv

Trying this Woolite thing today.Thanks. I have a small load of cleaning rags that are violated with wax, dirt, window muck. I usually use my home made detergent or Tide Simply whatever and a cup of ammonia to get the wax and oily stuff out.

I have a drying rack I sometimes use to avoid the dryer. Usually for these it's full to get rid of any lint and air dry.

Curious, how did you make out? Like I said in my prior post, I use it fairly quick after a wax, usually within an hour, so I'm wondering how it did on old dried on wax and the like?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back