A shout out to our Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think our veterans get enough praise in this country and I know we have quite a few on this site, so I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks for doing all that you do, and sacrificing the time away from loved ones. I know it's not easy, nor is it safe.

Other posters feel free to add on as i'm not the best at giving praise. lol

Thanks again guys and (gals)

Well thanks. I always feel uncomfortable when people thank me in public when they find out I am a veteran. I joined the army for personal reasons but when it came time to step up I felt a sense of personal pride and patriotism. Granted I didn't see as much as many combat vets but I was part of the group that caused the carnage on hwy 8. It changed my life.

Thank-you for your service to this great Country of ours.........
11.gif

A C-2A greyhound transport plane was destroyed when it crashed into the sea near aircraft carrier USS Constellation. All six crew members and 21 passengers were killed.
The airplane operated on a personnel transportation flight from Cubi Point to USS Constellation. The aircraft carrier was on active duty during the Vietnam War at the time of the accident. The airplane came down about 16 km from the ship. It was suspected that the airplane struck the sea following an engine failure.
Sources:
» Vietnam Air Losses : United States Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps fixed-wing aircraft losses in Southeast Asia 1961-1973 / Chris Hobson
» US Navy and US Marine Corps Aircraft Serial Numbers and Bureau Numbers--1911 to Present / Joe Baugher

We had a burial at sea tribute, did not make the national news..............Oct of 1969

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I don't think our veterans get enough praise in this country and I know we have quite a few on this site, so I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks for doing all that you do, and sacrificing the time away from loved ones. I know it's not easy, nor is it safe.

Amen !

M
Originally Posted by CourierDriver
A C-2A greyhound transport plane was destroyed when it crashed into the sea near aircraft carrier USS Constellation. All six crew members and 21 passengers were killed.
The airplane operated on a personnel transportation flight from Cubi Point to USS Constellation. The aircraft carrier was on active duty during the Vietnam War at the time of the accident. The airplane came down about 16 km from the ship. It was suspected that the airplane struck the sea following an engine failure.
Sources:
» Vietnam Air Losses : United States Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps fixed-wing aircraft losses in Southeast Asia 1961-1973 / Chris Hobson
» US Navy and US Marine Corps Aircraft Serial Numbers and Bureau Numbers--1911 to Present / Joe Baugher

We had a burial at sea tribute, did not make the national news..............Oct of 1969

My brother was an airdale on the Connie circa. 60/64. A-3s. He took us through the ship in the spring of 1962. Our thanks and gratitude to all who put the uniform on. Thank you men and woman for serving.

It's nice being recognized for my military service and I'm grateful for it...

LOL Just randomly found this picture today of me with Steve Martin somewhere in Saudi

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman

Thank You sir. U.S. NAVY veteran here.

Thank You to all my military veteran friends here as well
34.gif
08.gif
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back