Would I buy a GM car? No. But GM stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'd buy either one right now.

GM stock will probably be fine long term, but I'm not buying automotive stock right now. I'm holding a small position in "F" but I'm not adding any auto stocks to my portfolio anytime soon.

If I bought a GM vehicle it would be a Corvette.

I own one GM vehicle and lease another - both have been great. What wouldn't I buy? A German car.
As for the stock, I don't own it directly. The hefty 4.15% dividend is certainly nice.

I own FCA stock, was under 8$ a share when I bought. Stupidly didn't sell when it was 20$+ a few years back. Ah well. Still ahead at 14.xx today.

Yes to both, and I own GM stock.

Keeping a close eye on the upcoming '21 fullsize SUVs too. Next vehicle's definitely going to be a Yukon XL Denali.

Just my opinion, but after the bailout, everyone should have learned a painful lesson about stock in GM. What's that old saying? Those that don't learn from history are destined to repeat it?

Originally Posted by Falcon_LS
Yes to both, and I own GM stock.

Keeping a close eye on the upcoming '21 fullsize SUVs too. Next vehicle's definitely going to be a Yukon XL Denali.

No stock but looking forward to those 2021 models! Broward County Sheriff just bought A LOT of 2019 Tahoe's.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
I own FCA stock, was under 8$ a share when I bought. Stupidly didn't sell when it was 20$+ a few years back. Ah well. Still ahead at 14.xx today.

According to Yahoo Finance, FCAU is a good buy right now and undervalued. I would hang onto it.

Originally Posted by Silverado12

According to Yahoo Finance, FCAU is a good buy right now and undervalued. I would hang onto it.

Watch the news closely on the possible tieup with Peugot. If that news goes south so will the stock.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Silverado12

Watch the news closely on the possible tieup with Peugot. If that news goes south so will the stock.

It went kinda wonky when they were talking with Renault

I have two Single Share certificates of Old GM. Just for novelty reasons they are probably worth more than New GM.

I have no desire to buy a new GM vehicle or Stock. Particularly a new Corvette. Maybe a '61 or '62 Vette.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
This thread will also break down soon like a GM ...³ðŸ¤£

You know what GM stands for don't you?

Fix It Again Tony

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

lol.gif

I would not buy automotive stock today. They're all spending gobs of $$$ in their transition to golf cart-ifcation and there are some worries about having reached peak demand. Expecting consolidations where the winners and loser will ultimately be determined via politicians rather than the marketplace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back