2016 Honda Accord V6, Amsoil SS 0w20,8255 on oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing UOA on my Honda. Went to 20% on the MM. Happy with the results and next oil change I will go to 0% on the MM or 10k.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 159
Color me jealous. Much nicer than my last Earthdreams V-6 UOA! I'd have no problem doing 10K OCI just to make it simple.

Impressive. I'm about to do an the first oil change in our 19 Pilot with the same engine with the same oil. The olm is at 20% at almost 5000 miles. My wife drives 30 miles one way to work and idles it 30 mins to 1.5 hours some days waiting to pick up our son.

This is my wife's car and she is not hard on the car at all so I don't think it would make a significant difference. Now if she drove it like a scene out of the Fast and Furious, then a I would definitely consider W30. LOL

Originally Posted by addyguy
For less than 10k I'd use the XL line and save some $$$.

Originally Posted by JLTD

Or even OE....
The $10 difference between the SS and XL line is minuscule IMO since I change the oil once a year. I save $$$ by doing my own oil changes so the cost difference between AMSOIL and other oil brands is irrelevant to me. I have been using Amsoil SS for 20+ years on all my vehicles and have had nothing but great results. Some say it's overkill and there are a lot of people on this forum that hate AMSOIL, but I could care less. It's a great oil and it works for me. To each it's own.

These types of comments always crack me up.

I know there are a lot of miserly, cheap, penny pinching members here on BITOG....
But there's also a lot of guy who love their car, love talking about oils and lube, and who don't bat an eye at spending an extra $10-20 for an oil change. Oil is a hobby, a passion, and an interest on this forum.....so there's going to be a fair share of folks on here who want to splurge and play around with fancy oils and UOA's.

I'm actually surprised how many guys on here are focused on saving the most money on an oil change. It's a $30k vehicle.....why be so focused on saving $7 twice a year on a maintenance item?? Is this how you live your whole life??

That's not the part I don't understand … IMO, if you don't pony up for Amsoil SS … don't get Amsoil at all …
Plenty other lubes that can match the lower grade stuff …

Originally Posted by 4WD
That's not the part I don't understand … IMO, if you don't pony up for Amsoil SS … don't get Amsoil at all …

Really if it meets API spec just how much lower grade can it be? Closer than the average guy on BITOG is likely to admit.

Originally Posted by harry j
What oil filter are you using?

Amsoil Ea

Originally Posted by Phishin

These types of comments always crack me up.

I know there are a lot of miserly, cheap, penny pinching members here on BITOG....
But there's also a lot of guy who love their car, love talking about oils and lube, and who don't bat an eye at spending an extra $10-20 for an oil change. Oil is a hobby, a passion, and an interest on this forum.....so there's going to be a fair share of folks on here who want to splurge and play around with fancy oils and UOA's.

I'm actually surprised how many guys on here are focused on saving the most money on an oil change. It's a $30k vehicle.....why be so focused on saving $7 twice a year on a maintenance item?? Is this how you live your whole life??

I know this kills me, but you expect oil companies to do research and develop the best possible blend of additives etc....but yet the majority doesn't want to spend 20 bucks over 5l of oil. Then when companies develop oil additives, I'm not talking slick 50 type companies...you get the snarky remark....well you must know more than the oil companies, or if it was so good oil companies would already put it in their oils.

You actually have companies who come on here, 90% of the posts are about how and when to source oil as cheaply as possible, rebates etc etc. Ya, that's going to keep them motivated to spend all their resources. People spending 50 grand on vehicles, yet looking to spend .99 cents a litre on said high value vehicle.

And I know not everyone is flush with money to burn, so this is not aimed at you.

People spending 50 grand on vehicles, yet looking to spend .99 cents a litre on said high value vehicle.

It's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by harry j
Sure is ridiculous, only the finest oil and filter should be used in my opinion, just like Eddddd here has done.

Totally agree!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by 4WD

Really if it meets API spec just how much lower grade can it be? Closer than the average guy on BITOG is likely to admit.

Hey, being delusional works for some people.

Supertech oil, yes. But I will go Bosch for the filter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back