Wix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Donald
WIX in my mind are very good but there are probably even better ones at a much higher cost.

Which filter? Oil, air, cabin, fuel?

Oil filter...debating on the standard wix and the FRAM ultra synthetic

Originally Posted by Bettez88
Are wix filters still good or have they been overtaken buy a better filter for the money?

"good" how exactly, and overtaken in what way? What is your grading criteria?

Wix are one of the best out there, you could pay more but why!
cheers3.gif

If its a small filter don't get a wix with the base end bypass. No room for media.

Otherwize good stuff but may weep a bit at the gasket.

Silly fuel filter sized oil filters!

Might a well just say " Hey let's spin a rod bearing this Winter!

BTDT

WIX is kind of hanging in the balance right now, previously they were an excellent filter, but since the accusation by Mann Hummel, the company behind the tearing Purolator frenzy, now owns them. So only time will tell if they still hold up or not.

Always liked Napa oil filters but I will not buy anymore of the ones for my 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport. (1358-Gold/41358-Platinum/31358-Silver)The anti-drain back valve is Nitrile in the Gold/Silver and the Platinum is stated to be Silicone BUT it's black in color just as the other two filters. (Unless they colored it black instead of orange. I doubt this very unlikely though.) So....after I've used these filters up, perhaps in another car, will use something else in the Nissan. So don't assume. ( Bought all the Napa filters when on sale and I never really noticed or thought of this until just recently.)

Originally Posted by jongies3
WIX is kind of hanging in the balance right now, previously they were an excellent filter, but since the accusation by Mann Hummel, the company behind the tearing Purolator frenzy, now owns them. So only time will tell if they still hold up or not.

What exactly did Mann & Hummel accuse Wix of doing/not doing?

I too am unfamiliar with the accusations by M&H.
55.gif

As for the M&H acquisition of Wix from Affinia, it's been ~3 &1/2 years since it closed and based on anecdotes posted here, Wix/Napa Gold still same quality they had been in the past. I'd say nothing hanging in the balance at this point, except perhaps for those still thinking Wix will follow the Puro QC model. Hopefully M&H has learned something along the way, seems that is the case 3&1/2 years into the acquisition.

+1 Sayjac, I have absolutely zero reservations buying NAPA Gold filters; I know they're a very minor step down from Fram Ultra on efficiency at 20 microns, but they are less than half price and I don't have to give ChinaMart any of my money to get them. Since I'm also an "one oil change/one oil filter" kinda guy like BOF, it works great since none of my service vehicles go much farther than 7.5k (outside of my current Fram Ultra vs. MicroGreen experiment on my Impreza) and the NAPA Golds have shown no distress at this distance.

Wix may remain in name only, but as ‘53 Stude has shown for me, the filters supplied by M&H to NAPA look the same as they always have. At $3.50-$4.50 each during Farm & Fleet sale, I'll keep buying them till they pry my last ICE from my cold, dead hands
banana2.gif

I do like the Wix and Napa Golds when they run sales. I did have the weeping issue with an Affina made Wix XP on my Eclipse but I had no issue with a M&H Napa gold spin on filter that I put on my Mom's Chrysler 200.

Originally Posted by Bettez88
Originally Posted by Donald
WIX in my mind are very good but there are probably even better ones at a much higher cost.

Which filter? Oil, air, cabin, fuel?

Oil filter...debating on the standard wix and the FRAM ultra synthetic

I am curious to know what vehicle and engine you will be using a Wix or Fram on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back