Hy-Per lube oil additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHogan
So if I'm understanding this correctly, this particular product doesn't actually contain Zinc?

NONE whatsoever, it is composed of all polymer esters (WHY it is so co$tly
wink.gif
).

Originally Posted by Marco620
I would look more for complaints compared to updates. People rarely give praises but holler the second something is wrong.

I haven't seen any. I figured a few people posted in this thread about trying it, a year went by, they might have some feedback.
21.gif
Or not............

At one time I made a couple of formulations using a base of minerals oils for a potential 5W30 formulation.

Formula 1 used a standard addpack with about 800 ppm of zinc and 750 ppm of phos.

Formula 2 used 350 ppm of zinc and 300 ppm of phos except I used a polymer ester similar to what is in HyperLube Zinc Replacement, and with a similar detergent/dispersant package as in Formula 1.

I ran both formulas in my three vehicles (a 2008 GM V8, a Nissan 2003 3.5L engine, and a 2012 Nissan 4.0L V6 engine) to get an idea of functioning across makes.

All wear metals and oxidation were lower with Formula 2 over the same mileages (3.500 miles).

The formula was not marketable at the time due to the cost differential.

Last edited:
Mola, what do you think about the hyperlube type ester in DI engines? What effect does fuel dilution have on the additive or vice versa. Also would the ester in the oil have any effects on intake valve build up?

I use it in all 3 of my vehicles. Engines are quiter. It seems to have a quieting effect on GDI HPFP noise especially.

Originally Posted by spasm3
Mola, what do you think about the hyperlube type ester in DI engines? What effect does fuel dilution have on the additive or vice versa. Also would the ester in the oil have any effects on intake valve build up?

The esters are essentially ashless so they would not add any deposits.

Unless the fuel is burnt off at high temp, fuel will remain in the oil but the dibutyl esters have high shear resistance.

This ester is not a magic pill or cure-all but is synergistic with ZDDP, and will add some AW, FM, and do some minor cleaning.

Modern engine oils have sufficient AW and FM's for daily drivers, but if you have to race with OTS oils or stress your engine, such as towing, I think a polymer ester may help. A 1:32 ratio seems sufficient.

Originally Posted by Brigadier
I use it in all 3 of my vehicles. Engines are quiter. It seems to have a quieting effect on GDI HPFP noise especially.

What is the dose you're using?

Video DEMOSTRATION of Hy-per Lube

Your opininon on Hy-Per Lube vs Lubegard Bio-Tech???

Both contain esters. Both are expensive and LG is about 2x as expensive!

Which one is better for cold starts and for vehicles with engine auto-start stop systems in a daily drive commuter car?

Thanks!

smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by discountdon

Video DEMOSTRATION of Hy-per Lube

Which one is better for cold starts and for vehicles with engine auto-start stop systems in a daily drive commuter car?

Thanks!

smile.gif

The Hyper-Lube product that's sometimes compared to Bio-EP is the ZDDP replacement additive, not the additive in the video.

Keep in mind Bio-EP has a lot of moly in it.

Thanks!

smile.gif

So it basically thickens the oil (a VM), yes? How's this different from a Lucas or STP?

And I don't believe LG BioTech is VM, it's a FM.. right? So it's kinda apples and oranges..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Thanks!

smile.gif

So it basically thickens the oil (a VM), yes? How's this different from a Lucas or STP?

And I don't believe LG BioTech is VM, it's a FM.. right? So it's kinda apples and oranges..

Hyperlube Zinc Replacement additive is a "polymer ester" an AW ester that can replace ZDDP or improve AW capabilities in low ZDDP engine oils.

It does not thicken the oil.

ILI's Bio-Tech contains an ester and additives but that ester is entirely different than the one contained in Hyperlube Zinc Replacement additive.

Neither one should needed in a clean, well functioning engine.

I just added a bottle of the zinc replacement additive to my 235k mile 305 Chevy with loud piston slap on cold winter starts. It was down almost a qt of 0w40 Mobil 1 so I topped up with the hy-per lube and some Pennzoil Euro LX 0w30.

I'll report back on and noise reduction after the next cold start.

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
I just added a bottle of the zinc replacement additive to my 235k mile 305 Chevy with loud piston slap on cold winter starts. It was down almost a qt of 0w40 Mobil 1 so I topped up with the hy-per lube and some Pennzoil Euro LX 0w30.

I'll report back on and noise reduction after the next cold start.

I'm interest in your observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back