Who is your favorite Heavy Metal Band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the good heavy metal groups of the 80s eventually turned into bad pop bands. I guess they eventually have to eat and pay bills haha.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
All of the good heavy metal groups of the 80s eventually turned into bad pop bands. I guess they eventually have to eat and pay bills haha.

Maiden, Priest, Dio, Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Death Angel, Overkill and so on all turned into bad pop bands? Did you grow up in some alternate version of the 80s?

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules

Maiden, Priest, Dio, Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Death Angel, Overkill and so on all turned into bad pop bands? Did you grow up in some alternate version of the 80s?

I'm thinking of bands like Motley Crue and Metallica (I think Metallica's debut was actually a private press e.p.) They both had awesome debut lps but eventually became mainstays on top 40 pop radio stations.

Iron Maiden is the Greatest no question; however, do I like it the most, NO

I prefer the European HM school, specifically the German HM school...

Led Zeppelin,Black Sabbath and Metallica through S&M. After that they aren't even up their with Pantara or Korn, and some kind of Monster is a ringtone, not a rock song.

I would have put Pink Floyd first cause Floyd, but they really were more psychedelic rock then Metal, though some of their songs certainly walk that line. Remember kids you don't need the drugs to enjoy Pink Floyd, you need Pink Floyd to enjoy the drugs!

Growing up, I used to think KISS was considered "heavy metal".
I've come to realize they would be considered the "Wham" of heavy metal.

...not that I care for that genre anyway.
coffee2.gif

Hard to pick one, but some of my favorites are Darkest Hour, August Burns Red, Unearth, Opeth, Killswitch Engage, 36 Crazyfists, and Hatebreed.

Another band I've just started listening to that I REALLY like is Jinjer.

Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzy may be the name on the bill board but Zack Wylde and Randy Rhodes were as good a guitarists as any other band had, (in my opinion of course.)

I was born in 80, so I didn't really start into heavy music until Metallica's black album was released, then I discovered their earlier stuff!

- Metallica
- AC/DC
- Iron Maiden
- Megadeath
- Motley Crue
- Ozzy
- Alice in Chains

More recent stuff:
- Disturbed
- Five Finger Death Punch
- Jinjer
- Evergrey
- Lacuna Coil
- In This Moment
- Semblant

Favourite, and who has the broadest range of songs I like would be Metallica, followed by 5FDP, followed by AC/DC. Everything else I pick and choose.

Funny thing about Ronnie James Dio,he started out as a doo-wop singer in the late 1950s.

Ronnie and the Rumblers!

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Funny thing about Ronnie James Dio,he started out as a doo-wop singer in the late 1950s.

Ronnie and the Rumblers!

Heck yeah!! He was awesome!! A Houston,Tx boy too!

Most anything Richie Blackmore, Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Black Flag, White Stripes, Megadeath, Pantera

Which groups were probably the very first true heavy metal bands? Early stuff like Led Zepplin,Blue Cheer,Jimi Hendrix,etc,I'd classify as acid rock/hard rock/blues rock.

Which groups were probably the very first true heavy metal bands? Early stuff like Led Zepplin,Blue Cheer,Jimi Hendrix,etc,I'd classify as acid rock/hard rock/blues rock.

I'd have to say either the Scorpions, Black Sabbath, or Deep Purple hold that title.. possibly even Judas Priest.

Almost every band already listed.

Iron Maiden and Metallica are in the top
Pantera is always a good one.

I have a soft spot for any rock band Dio has been in. Big Dio fan.
Some Megadeth is good as well.

Manowar and Helloween are in the playlist as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back