Turtle Wax Seal & Shine Spray

I just used both the black polish and the seal and shine wax. Wow. So glad I read up on this particular forum. Polished and waxed all the Honda's in the sig block. All look great. Used Dr. Colorchecks first, boy, that stuff worked wonders.

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Now thinking of holding tent revivals hosted by : "Reverend Bead" traveling from town to town to preach the gospel of TW S&S ... Amen !

I swear to you not I thought the post above yours in the quoted part said "Jesus Power Lock"

lol.gif

*Let's not confuse "Jesus Power Lock" with "Reverend Bead" (HaHa !!)

Well said ^^^^^

I think Rev Bead is related to Jim Baker
lol.gif

Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by PimTac
Anytime.

I should add, there are two trains of thought on doing that. One is that the wax provides a sacrificial protecting coat thus making the sealant coat last longer. The other is that a typical sealant might provide shine and protection but some users want the depth that a carnauba Wax gives. Applying a wax over a sealant gives the best of both. This will depend on the state of the current paint job on the car plus how it was applied etc. Someone with a high end vehicle may want the depth. For a daily driver especially one in white or silver, it doesn't really matter.

cheers3.gif

TW told me that they prefer their TWSNS to be the last step in the process, which goes against what I would have thought. A sealant I would think and as you said above, should be applied first to well prepped paint. Then you can follow up with a wax. Now the TW does have wax in their sealant so I don't know if that's why or not.

I'll likely do one more detail on both cars before winter and I'd like to add a layer of wax on top of the TW.

Just because it says Seal on the label doesn't mean it is a true sealant. The automobile detailing industry has been playing very loose with the word sealant among other terms as well.

Friend of mine who has used everything from Meguiares to Ziano finally tried this stuff at my incessant pestering. It is now his favorite product (this is the kind of guy who spends 12 hours detailing his STi and girlfriend's XV). I remain impressed by it, having myself tried a bunch of stuff. It even replaces RainX for the windshield and does a better job.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Have any of you ever seen a shiny turtle? Case closed.

This guy was pretty shiny when he came up for some sun
lol.gif

6F8998FD-A7F8-41CE-BC54-E259FA3D97E3.jpeg

I don't know if this means much in terms of durability but after a few days of rain there is very little dirt on surface. Feels smooth to the touch. Going on 2 months.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't know if this means much in terms of durability but after a few days of rain there is very little dirt on surface. Feels smooth to the touch. Going on 2 months.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Do you think TW SNS would be able to handle this NJ's winter snow?

So the TW you apply to a dry car and wipe off with a towel while the Meguiar's you apply to a wet car, spray off with a hose (after initial application) and then dry the water off. Are there advantages for either of these techniques? I've only used the Meguiar's maybe 3 or 4 times and will run out soon. Thinking of trying the TW. Even if you dry the car first, there are always some places water hides and will drip out on the paint while wiping. Is this a problem if the towel get wet while applying the TW?

^ I haven't used the Meguiar's product so I'm not sure how they compare. As far as the TW goes, I dried the car as much as possible using an electric leaf blower. As you said, you get that occasional drip of water. It's not a problem with the TW.

Originally Posted by atikovi
So the TW you apply to a dry car and wipe off with a towel while the Meguiar's you apply to a wet car, spray off with a hose (after initial application) and then dry the water off. Are there advantages for either of these techniques? I've only used the Meguiar's maybe 3 or 4 times and will run out soon. Thinking of trying the TW. Even if you dry the car first, there are always some places water hides and will drip out on the paint while wiping. Is this a problem if the towel get wet while applying the TW?

Having used both, I liked the Turtle Wax far far better. And no, the water doesn't hurt it as long as it isn't excessive

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Have any of you ever seen a shiny turtle? Case closed.

lol.gif
Look shiny to me.

WW-8615F.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a cure time? The only reference I found was in the OP? I just washed and put a coat of TW SnS on my truck today and parked it under the carport since it looks like rain the next day or two. I was thinking of putting another coat on tomorrow since my wife usually gets the carport and the truck will be back out in the elements.

Originally Posted by Aero540T
Does anyone know if there is a cure time? The only reference I found was in the OP? I just washed and put a coat of TW SnS on my truck today and parked it under the carport since it looks like rain the next day or two. I was thinking of putting another coat on tomorrow since my wife usually gets the carport and the truck will be back out in the elements.

24 hours before a 2nd coat.

Originally Posted by Aero540T

24 hours before a 2nd coat.

Thank you I was planning on doing that and I'm not being argumentative but is that stated anywhere? I'm honestly curious

just finished the last of my bottle today on my kids hyundai. i love these new sprays. i was able to wash and apply the sealant in an hour. i can spray it all over the vehicle and not worry about getting stuff on the plastic trim anymore . TW beading is just great.

Back