Best tasting peanut butter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes the best tasting peanut butter? One you can eat straight out of the jar with a spoon?

Store bought Smuckers Natural you must stir. Nothing but peanuts, peanut oil, and salt.

Nutella > peanut butter
smile.gif

Store bought Smuckers Natural you must stir. Nothing but peanuts, peanut oil, and salt.

which one you buy: creamy or chunky?
gotta give it a shot.... /

Originally Posted by AC1DD

+1

So I buy Smuckers or Teddie's;

A word for the frugal; if you buy either one of these, you also obtain a glass jar with a food grade seal, which would probably cost the same empty if you tried to procure one.

Which brand has the sweetest taste? I remember Laura Scudders being really good. I haven't bought that one in years.

Back in the day it was chunky Jif on 1/2 toasted pepperidge farm white bread, lay on some bacon, then back in the toaster to finish.

AWESOME.

I don't have a toaster over or a microwave now.

haven't had peanut butter in years.

Been doing hummus on non-gmo corn chips like Late July or Mi Nina backed up buy a giant slim jim.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Originally Posted by AC1DD

+1

Agree. Been eating this brand for years.

I am a recovering peanut butter addict... ive tried them all...well almost all.

Best Tasting- Smart Balance- it has molasses in it..and the peanuts are dark roasted.. it also has flax oil which boosts the omega 3.

I am on a diet now.. and Kroger Brand Natural is what i eat every day. Peanuts and Salt are all it has..no added oils. Its $1.79/jar to boot.

Gave up PB years ago due to the inflammation it causes over other nut butters.
Now I choose almond, cashew or hazelnut.

Once in a while I go back to PB (the natural one without fillers such as stabilizing agents, icing sugars etc.) and immediately notice the difference in my joints when training.

Contents; peanuts,salt. My teeth can no longer handle crunchy, so I went back to creamy. Just picked up a jar of Teddie smoothy with salt. I used to make 2 PBJs for lunch. I'm off bread but use crackers instead.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by StarCaller

which one you buy: creamy or chunky?
gotta give it a shot.... /

I usually buy the creamy version, but if you like chunky with peanut pieces I'd go with that.

I will say that some stores here actually allow you to use an in store machine to fresh grind peanut butter, and others as well, such as almond, cashew, ect.

Oh back in the late 1970s (I think around 1976 Laura Scudder's had the first store bought All Natural Peanut Butter I ever had...but as far as I know that brand is only available on the west coast.)

Last edited:
Adams is all natural and has been around since the Depression or maybe before that. Smuckers owns the brand now so they and Smuckers Natural might be the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back