Who is your favorite Heavy Metal Band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to say I love watching concert videos on Youtube.

My fave band is Judas Priest with Motorhead a close second.

How about you guys or gals?

Originally Posted by ZZman
Got to say I love watching concert videos on Youtube.

My fave band is Judas Priest with Motorhead a close second.

How about you guys or gals?

I like this thread! Please refer to my username
smile.gif

What are we considering heavy metal? I play drums but am generally not a fan of most metal bands. I like Tool and Dream Theater which are more progressive/metal/rock. Some of the ultra heavy stuff I don't like.

Hard to say... I don't think I really have a favorite. Disturbed, Lacuna Coil, Amaranthe, Hellyeah, and 5FDP probably round out my top 5 in no particular order. I grew up on Metallica and Alice in Chains.

I would say Slayer would be the most favorite but I listen to Ozzy most often. I probably have a list of 40 favorite metal and hard rock bands or artists in no particular order from the 60-s up until now even though I think metal died in mid 90-s.

My favorite metal band since the mid 80s has always been Metallica but lately I've been listening to Dream Theater a lot more (I saw them in concert in April and it was the best concert I've ever seen, and thankfully they are coming to town again in two weeks and I am going again!) I have also been listening to a lot of other progressive metal. I'm currently listening to a band called Kamelot, and others that I've been listening to a lot lately are Symphony X and Stratovarius, as well as another one I discovered, Allen Lande. I'm also a huge fan of Savatage, which is not a very well known band, but their members started Trans Siberian Orchestra, which I think just about everyone has heard of! (if you listen to Savatage's albums, you can hear the distinct similarity to TSO)

I've always liked thrash metal, but not when the singer is just grunting or growling the lyrics, I can't stand that. So I prefer band with great singers, like Iron Maiden, Skid Row and Queensryche for example. I'm also a big fan of Anthrax, Pantera, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Guns N Roses, Motley Crue, Ozzy, and the Scorpions. I'm also a fan of the 80s hair metal bands too, like Cinderella, Ratt, Winger, Europe, Whitesnake, White Lion, Slaughter, Poison, Quiet Riot, Def Leppard, and early Bon Jovi before they went country.

Long live metal in any form!
banana2.gif

Too many to list. I like a lot of them, but some, like Hellyeah and Parkway Drive, in small doses.

My go-to's are Metallica, Disturbed, and Queensryche.

Originally Posted by Patman
My favorite metal band since the mid 80s has always been Metallica but lately I've been listening to Dream Theater a lot more (I saw them in concert in April and it was the best concert I've ever seen, and thankfully they are coming to town again in two weeks and I am going again!) I have also been listening to a lot of other progressive metal. I'm currently listening to a band called Kamelot, and others that I've been listening to a lot lately are Symphony X and Stratovarius, as well as another one I discovered, Allen Lande. I'm also a huge fan of Savatage, which is not a very well known band, but their members started Trans Siberian Orchestra, which I think just about everyone has heard of! (if you listen to Savatage's albums, you can hear the distinct similarity to TSO)

I've always liked thrash metal, but not when the singer is just grunting or growling the lyrics, I can't stand that. So I prefer band with great singers, like Iron Maiden, Skid Row and Queensryche for example. I'm also a big fan of Anthrax, Pantera, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Guns N Roses, Motley Crue, Ozzy, and the Scorpions. I'm also a fan of the 80s hair metal bands too, like Cinderella, Ratt, Winger, Europe, Whitesnake, White Lion, Slaughter, Poison, Quiet Riot, Def Leppard, and early Bon Jovi before they went country.

Long live metal in any form!
banana2.gif

Nice! I saw Dream Theater a few years ago with Portnoy and once with Mangini. I still prefer Portnoy.

Wow a lot of Dream Theater fans!

I go through phases. I'll always like Metallica and Disturbed. So much great music out there. Im in a Pantera phase right now which is funny because 10 years ago I would change the channel if Pantera came on because they were so overplayed. Always a fan of Avenged Sevenfold Mudvayne and Clutch.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I think metal died in mid 90-s.

I always laugh when people say stuff like this. There's an overwhelming amount of incredible newer metal bands out there, but you actually have to dig for them as opposed to having them served to you on a metal platter like the old days via metal magazines and MTV. Some fantastic newer metal bands worth checking out are:

Atlantean Kodex
Visigoth
Dark Forest
Gatekeeper
Warbringer
Khemmis
etc. etc.

Not to mention "old" bands like Testament, Death Angel and Overkill still cranking out killer album after killer album...

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I think metal died in mid 90-s.

I always laugh when people say stuff like this. There's an overwhelming amount of incredible newer metal bands out there, but you actually have to dig for them as opposed to having them served to you on a metal platter like the old days via metal magazines and MTV. Some fantastic newer metal bands worth checking out are:

Atlantean Kodex
Visigoth
Dark Forest
Gatekeeper
Warbringer
Khemmis
etc. etc.

Not to mention "old" bands like Testament, Death Angel and Overkill still cranking out killer album after killer album...

I consider then the Britney Spears of metal

I don't know if I have a favorite. I like most of them from the 80's. I've seen most of them in concert, some multiple times. I've met some of them, worked with a few, and have become friends.

I mostly listen to 80's music, and classical music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back