Premium Guard PA6280 Efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning,

I have a PA6280 sitting in the garage waiting to go into the CX-5. Purchased, along with a cabin filter, for very cheap on Rock Auto without knowing the efficiency rating. Finally got around to asking last week and received the following information.

"Yes, the filter is tested using ISO 5011 protocol. The efficiency rating is 99.4% (Initial) and 99.5% (Final). The dust holding capacity is >200 grams. The dust used for the test was Fine. - Chirag C., Product Engineer"

This is surprising. Something doesn't add up. The Fram Ultra has been confirmed with a dirt holding capacity of 26 grams, not more than 200 grams. Unless you put in too many zeros there, perhaps there is more than one test to determine this?

Also, 99.4%/99.5% at what size particles?

Originally Posted by paulri
This is surprising. Something doesn't add up. The Fram Ultra has been confirmed with a dirt holding capacity of 26 grams, not more than 200 grams. Unless you put in too many zeros there, perhaps there is more than one test to determine this?

Also, 99.4%/99.5% at what size particles?

>200 grams came from the response to my inquiry. It's certainly possible that they added too many zeros, but that is what I was told.

No particle size was given. However, based on ISO 5011, Fine dust has the following particle size distribution.

[Linked Image]

Compared to Course dust which has the following particle size distribution.

[Linked Image]

OK ISO 5011 is an air filter test, and this is an air filter forum. Sorry I got mixed up, I saw the thread title and immediately thought it was an oil filter that you were discussing.

Really quite good...

And you did great finding this testing protocol for air filters...

Makes the AZ STP Premium air filter look good being 98 percent using the ISO 5011 testing with the fine dust.

Originally Posted by RamFan
Good morning,

I have a PA6280 sitting in the garage waiting to go into the CX-5. Purchased, along with a cabin filter, for very cheap on Rock Auto without knowing the efficiency rating. Finally got around to asking last week and received the following information.

"Yes, the filter is tested using ISO 5011 protocol. The efficiency rating is 99.4% (Initial) and 99.5% (Final). The dust holding capacity is >200 grams. The dust used for the test was Fine. - Chirag C., Product Engineer"

Wow! That's _much_ better than the air filter I got info about yesterday. That's also the same filter my Mazda 6 uses.

Originally Posted by bulwnkl

Wow! That's _much_ better than the air filter I got info about yesterday.

Which filter is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back