The painful death of my parents 2009 Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Bailes1992
In the UK, if you're turning it is up to you to check your mirrors and blind spot before pulling out. If you pull out and someone goes into you is it considered the fault of the person turning.

Even if that person is driving in the oncoming lane to overtake?

In the UK, if you're turning it is up to you to check your mirrors and blind spot before pulling out. If you pull out and someone goes into you is it considered the fault of the person turning.

That's bonkers..in the RCW (revised code of Washington (state))... the overtaking vehicle must return to it's appropriate lane of traffic "as soon as possible" and the overtaking vehicle "must have clear line of sight of at least 200ft" and must yield to a) oncoming traffic and b) yield to vehicles making a legal turn... meaning, you hit a car you're gonna be at fault 100% of the time and earn yourself a citation from the cop for either failing to yield or even worse, reckless driving....

Once when following 2 cars doing 35 in a 50mph zone at a short passing strip got beside the second car when she yanked left, I went to the left side ditch and laid on the horn, she didn`t look my way just continued passing. Still hyper cautious and can identify with the OPs anguish.

Originally Posted by BeerCan

Even if that person is driving in the oncoming lane to overtake?

Yep, absolutely. It's not uncommon to find a motorbike overtaking while you're waiting. Always pays to double-check.

My sense on this is that a lot of people start their turn and put the turn signals on second or do both at the same time. Mentioning the freeway scenario again, how many of you have been cruising in the left lane while traffic is backed up on the right and have had a car pull out quickly?

I saw an almost identical car on the drive home, but it was a Mercury Milan. I immediately thought of this thread, it was a really nice looking car and obviously looked like it had been taken care of.

I seen the exact car when I was leaving work tonight. Kind of crazy but it looks to be in nice shape from the few seconds I seen it.

My sister had to buy a $300 2007 Taurus off one of my parents friend. I can only imagine what a $300 car looks like but if it runs and has a ok set of tires then it's worth it.

This better be a hard life lesson for her because she seriously needs to get her [censored] together and stop mooching of my parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back