17 Ram 2500 6.4 and 5w40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a while back asking a similar queation but instead of 15w40 Im looking to use in our fleet 5w40 thats supposedly dual rated for gas and diesel engines, heres a link also has a data sheet pdf.

https://buysinopec.com/collections/5w40

My question is will this oil work? ( I don't want to hear lame "Oh it's Chinese owned bla, bla bull crap" Ive had great UOA's on their oil and being a small business owner every cent counts.

Sinopec is Chinese owned - so if the oil you put in, is them same as what the documentation/analysis is for.....

At least 'Supertech' is American - and has a presence to uphold....and is usually cheaper.

Didn't see the second pre-emptive part to your question.

Go ahead - and keep us in the loop.

Who cares if its Its Chinese??? I don't.
All im asking is if this oil can be used in the 6.4 Hemi?

Here comes the childish responses nevermind delete this thread moderators.

Originally Posted by Newman88
Here comes the childish responses nevermind delete this thread moderators.

Why do some people on here post questions and then immediately disdain the responses, even if they aren't what you want to hear?

The proper and only answer is that if the oil in question carries the proper approval or spec required for your engine then it will work. Winter rating will be largely irrelevant.

By a casual look it doesn't appear to have any actual approvals or specifications so for that reason alone I would never use it. But maybe that's just me.

Because some people have their heads so far up their [censored] that think only American oil good an no other country is capable of producing good product. I just hate dumb answers, if you aint got nothing good to post then please don't.

Because some people have their heads so far up their [censored] that think only American oil good an no other country is capable of producing good product. I just hate dumb answers, if you aint got nothing good to post then please don't.

You should try and control your language on here since that often gets you a ban or vacation, and makes you look as though you're not serious. If you want this thread deleted I would suggest you PM a moderator rather than just saying so in the post. Moderators may not read every post or thread.

So if it doesn't have any actual approvals or specifications, that right there isn't a good indication that it is a "good product". If it is a good product then they can prove it through approvals and specs.

The way I see it you're more concerned about saving twelve cents and just wanted confirmation it would be fine. Nobody here really knows, it's your truck...

Of course everyone who answers this with the "it's Chinese so..." response uses nothing Chinese in their automobile, health care goods, airplane parts, etc....

My question is will this oil work? ( I don't want to hear lame "Oh it's Chinese owned bla, bla bull crap" Ive had great UOA's on their oil and being a small business owner every cent counts.

I'm about to make my 10th trip to China. I don't go there to buy, I go there to sell. It's a big country filled with hungry consumers who love American products. It's ok to have fair trade with China, the people there are not the enemy, even if our respective governments say we are.
Sinopec makes good oil, even if Bitog says it's scary.

Originally Posted by askani79705
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
I've never used Sinopec ever.
Just a suggestion, if you're running a fleet, contact Safety Kleen and see if you can get a deal with them. I know a few businesses that do and can get a drum of Eco Power or Performence Plus around the same price of the Sinopec.

https://www.safety-kleen.com/products/oil-lubricants
http://www.ecopoweroil.com/fleets

Came here to post this

Yup. I've seen people get Safety Kleen products for 1-2$/qt

It's good enough for the military, it's good enough for any fleet.

---

Performance Plus Heavy Duty Diesel Full Synthetic 5W-40 - Gallon
PERFORMANCE PLUSâ„¢ Full Synthetic 5W-40 CK-4/SN Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil is specially designed to provide outstanding protection and performance. It meets or exceeds the requirements of API Service Categories CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, and CH-4; as well as SN, SM, and ACEA E9, E7, E4, E2. Additionally, it meets the following requirements: CAT ECF-3, ECF-2, ECF-1-a; Chrysler/Fiat MS-10902; CID A-A-52306; MIL-PRF-2104G; Cummins CES 20081, 20077, 20076, 20086; Detroit Diesel 93K218, 93K215, 93K214, and 93K222, Ford WSS-M2C171-E & WSS-M2C171-F1; Global DHD-1; JASO DH-2; Mack EO-O Premium Plus, EO-N Premium Plus 03, EO-M Plus, EOS-4.5; MAN 3575, 3275, and 270; Mercedes 228.3 & 228.31; MTU 2.1, Type I, and Type II; Renault RLD-4; Volvo VDS-4.5, VDS-4, VDS-3, and VDS-2; and it is suitable for use where the Allison C-4 approval is desired.

Last edited:
Should be fine. That NOACK though!
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back