Best mid size SUV under $25K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I value resale. The reason resale is higher in some cars over others is people are willing to pay more.
Why do you think that is?

Also, why do you think RAV4s cost more then Tiguans?
Perhaps because people are willing to pay more?
I wonder why that is?
Maybe VW likes us soooo much they are willing to cut their profits by thousands per vehicle?

Yeh, I am not disputing that people are willing to pay more for some vehicles whether they are worth it or not. My point is: why does that matter if one keeps car for a long time? Just bcs. car has higher resale value does not mean it is better in any aspect. People have different expectations from different cars.

Originally Posted by edyvw
I value resale. The reason resale is higher in some cars over others is people are willing to pay more.

I wonder why that is?
Maybe VW likes us soooo much they are willing to cut their profits by thousands per vehicle?

Yeh, I am not disputing that people are willing to pay more for some vehicles whether they are worth it or not. My point is: why does that matter if one keeps car for a long time? Just bcs. car has higher resale value does not mean it is better in any aspect. People have different expectations from different cars.

Because people simultaneously keep their super reliable cars till the wheels fall off, and are constantly trading them in for newer ones thanks to the high resale value
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by edyvw

I wonder why that is?

Because people simultaneously keep their super reliable cars till the wheels fall off, and are constantly trading them in for newer ones thanks to the high resale value
lol.gif

It's simple:
My car is RED-er than your white car.

Now existential question:
If my vehicle never saw Red Line, do I get excommunicated from Bob is the my car is better than yours forum?

Originally Posted by csandste
My daughter, girlfriend and I each bought Hertz HyunKia's way under book and not a problem with any of 'em. You can nab an '18 Sportage comfortably under 15k. I'm done buying new cars.

WOW!!! I just checked them out. You'd almost be a fool not to at least look into these. There were a few Sportage's near me (under 10 miles away) with 30K miles for $14,800. Insane!

Originally Posted by dwcopple
Originally Posted by csandste
My daughter, girlfriend and I each bought Hertz HyunKia's way under book and not a problem with any of 'em. You can nab an '18 Sportage comfortably under 15k. I'm done buying new cars.

WOW!!! I just checked them out. You'd almost be a fool not to at least look into these. There were a few Sportage's near me (under 10 miles away) with 30K miles for $14,800. Insane!

The other thing to note about this is that these companies like Enterprise, Hertz, etc. only sell directly the cars that gave them no problems and are in mint condition. They sell/auction off the rest to other dealers.

Originally Posted by badtlc

The other thing to note about this is that these companies like Enterprise, Hertz, etc. only sell directly the cars that gave them no problems and are in mint condition. They sell/auction off the rest to other dealers.

Source???

They have no incentive to do so, if they can be sold at market value. Wholesale or auction will net them less profit.

Finally found the one !
Took awhile but it was worth the wait
Low miles and looks brand new !ðŸ‘

F125E968-0509-459A-B214-BBDCE71D74A6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back