Why is my P/S pump still leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye everyone, I just replaced the hose from my power steering reservoir to pump and discovered a leak between the pump to pressured line. I replaced the lil rubber O ring with OEM on the pressured line and although the leak is dramatically less it still leaks a small ring around where it connect. Any ideas? Could the pressured line have a nick in it causing the leak? It's for a 03 Civic LX btw

If this is a widespread issue, I am sure somebody have posted a youtube video on how to install it properly.
Assuming you put new lines on all the PS system.
At least, what I understand is that OP put new lines for return and high pressure lines.

Last edited:
Why do people mark their presumably serious thread with the clown emoji?

On topic however, if the fitting is not damaged then a new o-ring will seal. It did on my old Honda.

this will not fix your trouble, but i thought it was interesting. years ago my son had a honda car. the pump on the power steering was sucking AIR IN. i have done lots of hydraulic work but never saw one suck air IN

That's what I'm thinking, as the pump are pressured line are probably about 16 years old may just replace both to keep things solid

I haven't replaced the pressured line for my P/S only the rubber hose that connects the P/S reservoir to my pump
I'll probably replace both the pump and pressured line to keep things fresh

Originally Posted by red7404
this will not fix your trouble, but i thought it was interesting. years ago my son had a honda car. the pump on the power steering was sucking AIR IN. i have done lots of hydraulic work but never saw one suck air IN

I have this problem sort of on an '02 Taurus.

It doesn't leak, but whines and won't bleed. When I apply vacuum air bubbles to the top as long as you do it. It's the only time I wished for a leak!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back