Front Upper Strut Bar Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of one that will fit a 2002 Honda Accord with 3.0 V6 ? I got one from Megan Racing they they assured me it would fit and it clearly didnt fit I had to show them pictures and they refunded my $.
So Does anyone know of one?

Thanks

What about it didn't fit, the strut tower mount plates or the length? If it's just the length and you find no other alternatives, cut it and weld to make shorter or add material to make longer. For that matter you might be able to fabricate plates too, with nothing more than plate steel and a carbide tipped blade in a scroll or sabre saw. I guess drilling holes in it would help too!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by geeman789
Why ?

Your car is 17 years old, spend that money on the important stuff that is about to break ...

Good Point....Thanks

Originally Posted by edwardh1
does Honda put on any stock? if yes try upick place

They do but they are connected to the firewall.. So they really do nothing... at least I was told since they are connected to the firewall that it does little to nothing.

Originally Posted by David1

They do but they are connected to the firewall.. So they really do nothing... at least I was told since they are connected to the firewall that it does little to nothing.

If it is triangulated that would be ideal.

Connected to the firewall makes it stronger than a simple bar that runs from side to side.

Originally Posted by mightymousetech

Connected to the firewall makes it stronger than a simple bar that runs from side to side.

Yes, the ones that are triangulated to the firewall are the ones that actually work.

Don't be too quick to dismiss the simple side to side bars. I put an Ebay cheapy on my 240sx convertible a long time ago in an attempt to tighten up the front end because of all the cowl shaking and general body flexing over the rough roads around my neighborhood and it made a very noticeable difference. I didnt pay much for it so if it didnt work I was perfectly willing to chuck it in the garbage but it worked, and worked well. A triangulated one would have no doubt been even better, but the simple side to side type can be quite effective. And it was a whole lot cheaper than the triangulated bars available at the time by a factor of 10x. Maybe I just got a good one, not long after I got it I noticed they weren't selling them anymore. Its pretty beefy, the plates are thick and the bar is quite heavy. I've seen few aftermarket ones where the plates were thin and the bar felt like a cheap piece of aluminum that was easy to flex so I would question their effectiveness.

My 2014 came with the factory side to side. It absolutely works as the car has been hit on the driver's side right at the front tire and the strut towers did not crumple in any. That being said, a triangulated one that came on my 95, or the Maximum Motorsports replacement, would work even better for rigidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back