CAT 220-1523 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the filter I have been running on my Focus. I have never seen one cut open before but I got a fancy new filter cutter so I had to try it out.

20191026_212807_compress29.jpg

20191026_212802_compress52.jpg

20191026_212758_compress90.jpg

20191026_212853_compress95.jpg

20191026_212835_compress9.jpg

20191026_212906_compress2.jpg

20191026_212858_compress99.jpg

20191026_212826_compress22.jpg

Originally Posted by tomcruise
This is the filter I have been running on my Focus. I have never seen one cut open before but I got a fancy new filter cutter so I had to try it out.

Nice filter, built like brick outhouse
wink.gif

Where do you buy these filters?

Looks very similar to/same as Purflux filter media type. Purflux is made by the aforementioned Sogefi Group . Even though Cat not listed on their site, 'seems' safe to assume it's made by them.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by tomcruise

Nice filter, built like brick outhouse
wink.gif

Where do you buy these filters?

I work at a CAT dealer and buy them there. They're like $8 after tax.

Originally Posted by JC1
Thanks for the C&P. Filter looks good. That'a an awesome filter cutter.

The filter cutter is awesome. It's about $85 though.

...They're also made in France.
That would be another confirmation point of the Purflux/Sogefi Group "French connection". Purflux can be found on Peugeot and Renault.

Originally Posted by blupupher
That is an interesting base plate on that thing.
Seems the ADV is between 2 pieces of metal. Oil comes in the holes, then in directed to the center into the filter.

Oil goes past the ADBV and then up between the can and media, then through the media like any other oil filter. That metal ring above the ADBV goes into the end cap hole, providing only a metal to metal seal. Most filters use the rubber ADBV as the seal.

Looks like the ADBV is a thin piece of (spring loaded?) metal, not rubber. How about taking the ADBV apart for a better look?

Looks like the ADBV is a thin piece of (spring loaded?) metal, not rubber....
Some Purflux spin on use a spring loaded metal back nitrile adbv. Not sure that the case here, possible I'd think. Of something similar.

I agree the Cat filter appears well made. Two pieces of information not included here, the everyday cost for one and an efficiency spec. I realize the latter not important to some, however if appearance is the sole basis other filters should be judged the same imo. Also if the topic filter fetches a premium price, I'd want an ISO efficiency spec to go with it. My .02

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Looks like the ADBV is a thin piece of (spring loaded?) metal, not rubber. How about taking the ADBV apart for a better look?

Looks like it's rubber with a metal backing piece on it to me. The metal piece slides down, allowing oil past the rubber piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back