Recent Topics
2019 CX5 turbo
by Bert_c - 12/13/19 02:39 AM
What's going on?
by clinebarger - 12/13/19 12:28 AM
Price jacked up on Chevron Supreme at WM?
by Whammo - 12/12/19 11:23 PM
valvoline durablend 5w-30 in yaris, ok?
by jstert - 12/12/19 11:02 PM
Outsmarting RA’s Shipping Lunacy
by The_Nuke - 12/12/19 11:00 PM
Odd Ball!??
by miden851 - 12/12/19 09:40 PM
fedex lost package . how does it work?
by WhyMe - 12/12/19 09:39 PM
RTG 5W-20
by kstanf150 - 12/12/19 09:12 PM
First time running synthetic in my truck
by leeaspell - 12/12/19 09:05 PM
2007 Honda Accord Transmission
by maverickfhs - 12/12/19 07:59 PM
Detriot Axle brake kit review
by 14Accent - 12/12/19 07:51 PM
PQIA Issues An Alert!
by Jackson_Slugger - 12/12/19 06:36 PM
Late night commotion outside.
by LeakySeals - 12/12/19 06:27 PM
Help with Dewalt tools
by henni - 12/12/19 06:19 PM
Educate me on USB drives, devices
by 53' Stude - 12/12/19 05:55 PM
9012 bulb lasted 2 yrs... good?
by mclasser - 12/12/19 05:43 PM
2020 YUGO
by Malo83 - 12/12/19 04:53 PM
Ice on inside of windshield
by JLawrence08648 - 12/12/19 04:41 PM
Newest Members
mb20music, Jaglenn, kalima, Powertool1994, lutvi20
70115 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
25 registered members (Aero540T, 4WD, Bert_c, BLND1, carlprop, AndyB, 5 invisible), 786 guests, and 25 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics298,667
Posts5,140,082
Members70,115
Most Online3,589
Nov 2nd, 2019
Donate to BITOG
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
AAP clearance #5250483 10/26/19 09:24 AM
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 988
G
GMguy84 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 988
Don't see any current thread on AAP ??



Mobil Super Syn and High Mileage are on clearance.....Prices vary. One AAP I hit in OKC area, I scored 4 bottle of 5W20 full syn for $2.50 each.Those are going in my crown vic next month lol


Many detail products on clearance also !! Scored 2 Eagle 1 tire shine spray bottles for $1.55 each


Dave


My personal "Fleet"

01 Silverado 1500HD

07 Suburban 1500 LTZ

09 Crown Vic Police

10 Crown Vic Police

82 Trans Am (KITT)
Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5250530 10/26/19 10:52 AM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 14,055
53' Stude Offline
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 14,055
Originally Posted by GMguy84
Don't see any current thread on AAP ??



Mobil Super Syn and High Mileage are on clearance.....Prices vary. One AAP I hit in OKC area, I scored 4 bottle of 5W20 full syn for $2.50 each.Those are going in my crown vic next month lol


Many detail products on clearance also !! Scored 2 Eagle 1 tire shine spray bottles for $1.55 each


Dave



Let me guess: you wiped out half of OK already LOL crzy



Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5250574 10/26/19 12:27 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,108
S
slacktide_bitog Offline
Offline
S
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,108
Too many people here report being unable to actually buy anything on clearance because the employees buy it for themselves mad

Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5250654 10/26/19 03:04 PM
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,328
T
tony1679 Offline
Offline
T
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,328
[censored] Dave!

I guess you've already wiped out the South side?

Re: AAP clearance [Re: tony1679] #5250690 10/26/19 04:24 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 14,055
53' Stude Offline
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 14,055
Originally Posted by tony1679
[censored] Dave!

I guess you've already wiped out the South side?


Of course he did. ROFLMAO!!

He gave himself up in his opening line!



Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5251956 10/28/19 08:16 AM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 90
J
Jackson_Slugger Offline
Offline
J
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 90
The local prices here are not even a "clearance". They want $17 for Supersyn jugs and $5.95 for a qt. Keep it.

Re: AAP clearance [Re: Jackson_Slugger] #5252028 10/28/19 10:06 AM
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 988
G
GMguy84 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 988
Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
The local prices here are not even a "clearance". They want $17 for Supersyn jugs and $5.95 for a qt. Keep it.



Apparently, if your AAP use to be a Carquest then they don't participate in same "Clearance" deals that original AAP do smirk2


Dave(The clearance oil KING)


My personal "Fleet"

01 Silverado 1500HD

07 Suburban 1500 LTZ

09 Crown Vic Police

10 Crown Vic Police

82 Trans Am (KITT)
Re: AAP clearance [Re: 53' Stude] #5252030 10/28/19 10:07 AM
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 988
G
GMguy84 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 988
he he he :cofee2:

My new sig

Dave(The clearance oil KING) USA

Last edited by GMguy84; 10/28/19 10:08 AM.

My personal "Fleet"

01 Silverado 1500HD

07 Suburban 1500 LTZ

09 Crown Vic Police

10 Crown Vic Police

82 Trans Am (KITT)
Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5252125 10/28/19 12:14 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 104
D
D60 Offline
Offline
D
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 104
Is this the case? I now have an AAP semi-locally but yeah, it used to be a Carquest.

Am I wasting my time checking them for the clearance deals?

Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5252150 10/28/19 12:52 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 14,055
53' Stude Offline
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 14,055
Originally Posted by GMguy84
he he he :cofee2:

My new sig

Dave(The clearance oil KING) USA



Dave the clean out the store King grin2



Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5252170 10/28/19 01:28 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 597
S
Sam_Julier Offline
Offline
S
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 597
Mobil Super HM 5W30: $2.75/jug
Mobil Super Synthetic 10W30: $2.30/qt
Castrol GTX HM SynBlend 20W50: $.75/qt
Pennzoil HM 10W40: $.75/qt
Carquest Full Syn HM 10W40: $2.55/jug

Hamden CT


2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid TGMO 0W20, 75k
1993 Volvo 245 T5 10W30, 168k
1993 Volvo 244 T5 10W30, 175k

Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5252393 10/28/19 06:33 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 104
D
D60 Offline
Offline
D
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 104
So....regarding Carquests..........I checked a store in my area today. Nothing was priced as marked down.

On a whim I took the Pennzoil HM 10W40 up for a price check, it was something like $3.60 even though the shelf still showed $7.99. I thought this one might be a winner because it was still in the old gold bottles (and covered in dust) while all the other HM has transitioned to yellow bottles with a vertical stripe on the label. So, not a winner for me at that price but clearly clearance.

The only other one I had them check was Mobil Super HM 5W30 jug and it rang up $11.75 while still priced at something like $28 on the floor. The guy was super confused and said he couldn't understand why it was "so inexpensive." The problem with these smaller stores is that they're just not used to seeing the prices we regularly pay for oil. If something should ring up $.75/qt they'd likely refuse to sell it, insisting it must be a mistake.

Re: AAP clearance [Re: D60] #5252489 10/28/19 07:54 PM
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 988
G
GMguy84 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 988
Originally Posted by D60
So....regarding Carquests..........I checked a store in my area today. Nothing was priced as marked down.

On a whim I took the Pennzoil HM 10W40 up for a price check, it was something like $3.60 even though the shelf still showed $7.99. I thought this one might be a winner because it was still in the old gold bottles (and covered in dust) while all the other HM has transitioned to yellow bottles with a vertical stripe on the label. So, not a winner for me at that price but clearly clearance.

The only other one I had them check was Mobil Super HM 5W30 jug and it rang up $11.75 while still priced at something like $28 on the floor. The guy was super confused and said he couldn't understand why it was "so inexpensive." The problem with these smaller stores is that they're just not used to seeing the prices we regularly pay for oil. If something should ring up $.75/qt they'd likely refuse to sell it, insisting it must be a mistake.



BINGO !!! Same thing in Dallas, most stores are converted former Carquest and posted oils was ringing higher prices than posted above

smirk2


Dave


My personal "Fleet"

01 Silverado 1500HD

07 Suburban 1500 LTZ

09 Crown Vic Police

10 Crown Vic Police

82 Trans Am (KITT)
Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5253479 10/29/19 06:35 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,993
9
92saturnsl2 Offline
Offline
9
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,993
I checked out three AAP near me and two of three had the oil marked down to 75c/qt, $2.50/jug super HM, $3.25/jug super syn. One of those was already cleaned out, nothing left. At the other I left with 3 jugs of Super Syn 10w-30 and 1 jug Super HM 5w-30. They had a boatload more, also Super Syn in 5w-20, but I have enough oil for at least a couple years, hopefully in that time I can find some top-tier synthetic on clearance somewhere to keep my stash topped up.

The third store had the same oil on "sale" but only about 30% off which still put it in top-tier synthetic @ Walmart price territory. I noticed that particular store sold Carquest oil, so it might have been a Carquest at one time.

Going to try a couple in Louisville tomorrow on my way home from work, I'd like to get a few jugs of Super-Syn 5w-30-- all the stores near me were sold out of that grade.



96 Grand Prix SE (project car)
04 Odyssey EX 200k Philips Shield Choice 10w-30
96 Maxima GLE 275k Shell Rotella T5 10w-30
07 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4.0L 145k Mobil1 EP 0w-20
Re: AAP clearance [Re: GMguy84] #5253484 10/29/19 06:37 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3,423
SubieRubyRoo Offline
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3,423
I’m not buying anything at $75/qt, not even good 10 year single barrel bourbon!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

BOB IS THE OIL GUY® Powered by UBB.threads™