World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kstanf150
I still find it hard to believe that they get paid MILLIONS and MMMMIIIILLLLIIIOOOONNNNSSSS to play a kids game that most of played in our back yards for FREE

I don't watch it
Baseball really is boring at best

This X22. The only baseball I've watched in years is my Granddaughter who plays third base in a Select League. That costs me the gas to get to the game.

Last edited:
I think it's hilarious how the sports media were all picking the Astros as the heavy favorite, but now that they're down 0-2, they're acting like the Nats have already won the series. It would crack me up if the Houston came back to win this series just to throw the media into another about face....they don't have a clue about what's going on...

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Houston now has a pulse but I don't think it really changes anything. Wash will still win it.

The odds are in the Nats favor yes, but I wouldn't count Houston out just yet...

Last edited:
Wow what a turnaround for the Astros. Reminds me of the Braves vs Yankees World Series. Yankees lost the first two at home, and then won four straight to win the series.

Originally Posted by grampi
I think it's hilarious how the sports media were all picking the Astros as the heavy favorite, but now that they're down 0-2, they're acting like the Nats have already won the series. It would crack me up if the Houston came back to win this series just to throw the media into another about face....they don't have a clue about what's going on...

That's what makes it worth watching.

A
Originally Posted by PimTac
The Nationals jinxed themselves. They are cooked.

Originally Posted by PimTac
The Nationals jinxed themselves. They are cooked.

After they won the first two games they were acting like they had already won the series, and so was the media...

Originally Posted by Char Baby
The home team can't seem to win at home.
It's gettin' exciting!

I'm rooting for the home team to win one tonight!

It's gettin' exciting!

When I heard Verlander was pitching last night, my stomach sank. I wanted Houston to finish them off but I knew that was going to be a tough task.

Whoever gets the early lead tonight is likely going to win it, imo, and I sure hope it is the Stro's!

If the Nats hit him … guess Cole can pitch midway with no games left

EA0CB10B-D3CD-4293-B890-770DC6A57B64.png

Originally Posted by irv
It's gettin' exciting!

When I heard Verlander was pitching last night, my stomach sank. I wanted Houston to finish them off but I knew that was going to be a tough task.

Whoever gets the early lead tonight is likely going to win it, imo, and I sure hope it is the Stro's!

I don't understand how a pitcher as good as Verlander is can be 0-6 in WS appearances...he's way too good for that...I hope this isn't has last one as he deserves a WS win or two...

Originally Posted by irv
It's gettin' exciting!

I don't understand how a pitcher as good as Verlander is can be 0-6 in WS appearances...he's way too good for that...I hope this isn't has last one as he deserves a WS win or two...

Same thing happened to David Price of the Red Sox. Before last year, Price wasn't that good in the playoffs. They are still good pitchers, guess the world series some times brings bad luck to even good players.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gman2304
WOW! Unbelievable! All road wins in seven games! Congrats Nats!

AMAZING COMEBACK......LOVE THE UNDERDOGS! CONGRATS TO THE NATS!

Although I'm a Rays fan,
Congrats Nationals. I was rooting for yall as soon as TB got eliminated. Congrats to former Ray player, scout,and coach Davey Martinez for managing the Nationals!

I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back