The $7 dollar hair cut is back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just around the corner from the house there is a hair cut place advertising $7 hair cuts, this lady took her time and made it look good. I gave her a $5 dollar tip and all is well
smile.gif
Beats the sports clips at $23.00 or whatever ridiculous amount I've been paying.

I just cut my own. Wife does the trimming. Can't beat the price.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
So just around the corner from the house there is a hair cut place advertising $7 hair cuts, this lady took her time and made it look good. I gave her a $5 dollar tip and all is well
smile.gif
Beats the sports clips at $23.00 or whatever ridiculous amount I've been paying.

Those little Asian run places always do a great job. I take the kids and I to one by my house all the time. For me and my boy, we're out the door for $15. My daughter's hair is usually around $20... just depends if she wants it washed or not.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
smile.gif

I stack discounts at sport clips. VFW Members get a few bucks off, as do US LawShield members. Comes out to 14$ or so for everything.

Originally Posted by Bud
I just cut my own. Wife does the trimming. Can't beat the price.

same here - except my wife can't be bothered to do even the trimming anymore....

My younger sister works at Great Clips and cuts my hair. She also cuts and styles hair for people under Hospice care in their home.

Got tired of trying to find a barber/hair dresser that could do a decent job for $15-$20. Finally threw in the towel 5 years ago and learned to cut my own. Not that hard if it's modestly short.

currently my mom buzzes my hair. I've done it myself when i lived away from home, but, I trust someone else(who can see what they're doing) to do a better job on the back of my head/neck.

other wise, the local beauty College does $5 haircuts on Wednesdays.( and if you're old enough seniors get 20%0ff)

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I cut my own as well. It's very convenient.

Same here.

I've been going to the same barber for several years now.

It's a good, old fashioned shop. No appointments or anything-just come in, sit down, and BS for a while until your turn comes up. He's been there 20+ years longer than I've been alive. My barber knows everyone and everything that goes on in town.

For $10(plus usually a $2 tip-sometimes more) I get a good haircut, find out what's going on, and usually get to visit with plenty of other people I know.

The great thing too-and the mark of a true barber-unless I tell him otherwise, I just sit down in the chair and he cuts my hair exactly the way I like it without even stopping to ask me. I'm not exactly unique/special in that regard.

I pay about $40. She's great. Hair and beard is always perfect, gets the long ones starting to show up in my eyebrows, and always has beer in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back