Cars you got rid of and were later sorry you did

Status
Not open for further replies.
64 Corvette fuelly coupe j56 brake option ( one of 29 that year) followed by deTomaso Mangusta, had it a long time , price wasn't going anywhere. Fast forward to a few years after I sold it- now worth around 250k
Dumb, Dumb, Dumb

1961 Studebaker Hawk
[Linked Image]

'60 Austin Healey bug eye Sprite
'65 Corvair Corsa Turbo
'60 Mini 850
'60 Jaguar Mkll 3.8 sedan
'60 XK150 Jaguar roadster, blue w/red leather, show car
'69 Jaguar XKE coupe
'70 BMW 2002 (bought new)
'73 BMW 2002 tii

[Linked Image]

I miss my 2011 Infiniti FX35.

Also, if reliability was not part of the picture, I also miss my 2003 Land Rover Discovery II. That had so much personality, but lived at the LR dealer.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Was it nice? I would have canned the F150EB if the GTX was very clean and solid.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Was it nice? I would have canned the F150EB if the GTX was very clean and solid.

My friend had a 1969 440 GTX, I respected that car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jeepman3071
Originally Posted by 2002 Maxima SE
2004 Subaru Forester XT
[Linked Image]

That thing is CLEAN!

Thanks! That was taken in 2014 when the car was 10+ years old. We bought it in 07/2003.

Last edited:
I sort of regret selling my '84 Cutlass. It looked and drove great. However, the engine always had problems and the transmission went out right after I sold it. I think with better car maintenance knowledge and non-alluminum gaskets, it would have been ok.

Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
90 Talon TSi AWD
93 Sundance Duster V6 5-speed

hey -- I had a '92 Duster 2-dr V6. That was my first brand-new car. It was fun for the times.

Originally Posted by kkreit01
Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
90 Talon TSi AWD
93 Sundance Duster V6 5-speed

hey -- I had a '92 Duster 2-dr V6. That was my first brand-new car. It was fun for the times.

The Duster was built between 1970 and 1976 and was never available with a v6 unless Mitsubishi had a later version of it. IIRC.

Last edited:
I miss my old 1995 Explorer Sport, but getting rid of it wasn't really a choice because it was destroyed by rust. There was no reasonable way to fix it. If it had been rust free, I might still have it. I like my rust free 1994 even more, but I'd love to have both in the driveway if the 1995 hadn't rusted out.

There were times after I sold my 01 Ranger manual that I really just wanted to drive a manual and almost regretted selling the truck, but now that I have another manual Ranger I don't miss it much. Didn't like the bright red paint or school bus interior, but it was a lot of fun to row through the gears sometimes and I missed that part of it. It was a great little truck for what it was, an I4 base model just wasn't what I really wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back