Cars you got rid of and were later sorry you did

Status
Not open for further replies.
1971 Datsun 240-z
1971 Chevelle SS 454

I was sorry I did because both of those, in good shape, are highly sought by collectors. My problem was that at that time (late 70's, early 80's) I could not afford to keep multiple vehicles.

(Inspired by Kira)

1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass "S" fast back 350 V8 - My hot-rod in HS.
1977 Toyota Celica GT 5-speed (LIftback, looked like a mini 1970 Boss Mustang) - Just a fun car, not too fast but she looked great.

Last edited:
My college car - 1972 Chevy Nova. Got side-swiped in '87 (was dang near a head on!). Bent the front sub-frame. Took all the hot rod parts off, including the engine, and pretty much 'gave' it away. Being in college, I didn't have the funds to fix or replace the sub-frame, nor had anywhere to store it. Until that night, it was a really good car!

'66 Midnight Blue Pontiac GTO.
One of the most beautiful cars ever.

And the car I should have bought, but it was just too much at the time: '67 327 Corvette Roadster, blue/blue/white in pristine condition, $25K as I recall. Sheesh.

And my Silver 2013 Accord Sport. Great car.

Last edited:
2001 Honda S2000, one of my favorite cars ever. Sold it when I bought the Lotus, but owning the Elise just shows how great of a car the Honda is; 95% of the capability with 5% of the hassles.

not me personally, but my dad.
in late 66 he bought a 67 Camaro. base Model, with the Straight 6, not sure if it was manual or auto...i never saw the car...
they had my brother in early 67, and dad kept that car until they were expecting my sister in late 70.
since they were going to have 2 kids, he needed something that was more of a "Family Car"...
so heTraded the Camaro in on a new Beetle. far more practical..

My 91 Miata track toy. For being thrashed on the track it was still in outstanding shape when I sold it. Been wishing I hadn't ever since.

Originally Posted by earlyre
not me personally, but my dad.
in late 66 he bought a 67 Camaro. base Model, with the Straight 6, not sure if it was manual or auto...i never saw the car...
they had my brother in early 67, and dad kept that car until they were expecting my sister in late 70.
since they were going to have 2 kids, he needed something that was more of a "Family Car"...
so heTraded the Camaro in on a new Beetle. far more practical..

My dad was driving a 66 426 hemi Dodge when he met my mom.my mom got in the family way with me and my dad traded in the hemi for a 68 ,4 door slant6 valiant he kept untill he died in 2014.

My high school car. A 1966 Chevelle SS396 L34 360 HP. Muncie 4 speed Marina blue with bucket seats and console. 1987 Buick GN. 1965 Plymouth Barracuda, nugget gold with black stripes.

i miss my 1963 VW Beetle I bought from a German woman who husband brought the car over fro Germany. Drove it all through college. It was red and smelled like wet books. I learned about car electrics on this 6V car. Only 40hp but was always ready to run. My wife and I would sit and talk for hours in it, well she wasn't my wife then....46 years this year. Used 57c a quart Quaker State 30W oil in it. Lot of good times in $300 car!

Whole buinch of Holden Toranas...the complete set would be worth $600k these days...given what I'm going through now...glad that I don't have them sort of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back