Champion COS10590 - 5k - pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the media appear to be synthetic, cellulose, paper or a combo?
I'm glad I bought some at the RA Clearance.

Originally Posted by pbm

I found the answer in that other thread.....the media is "synthetic-blend"....

Thanks for sharing. I bought a bunch of these for a Toyota I maintain. I also have a few of the lesser versions for a Buick 3800. Both from Rockauto for around $2 a piece, if I remember right. I like the black ones with the silicone adbv better than the other ones I got. The white versions have a different numbering system, i.e. 41040T whereas the nicer black ones would be COS3387A for that Buick.

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by pbm

I found the answer in that other thread.....the media is "synthetic-blend"....

Correct, blend.

Great looking filter. Just got back from the dealer service with a fresh oil change and their e-core based PF64. Ran a GDI cleaner through the throttle body, followed by a highway run. Swapped the oil out for Castrol Dexos Gen2 and another one of these filters. I'd estimate there's probably 50%+ more media than the PF64.

Here's a side by side of the recently dealer installed FP64:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/11kgqcl4uol4nhn/IMG_8749.jpeg?dl=0

The depth of the media pleats is also greater on the Champion. So the surface area only tells part of the story.

Another interesting thing about the PF64, is that it has a cage style center tube (like the e-core center tube), but has metal end caps. Looks like a well made filter, but then again it only had a couple hundred kilometers on it.

webfors: I also have a Cadillac 3.6 eng. I only have 34,000 mi but I am doing GDI cleaner plus 5,000 mi oci with Dexos Gen 2 . anything else you know to do? My engine is very smooth, and I want to keep it that way.

Originally Posted by gotnogunk
I only have 34,000 mi but I am doing GDI cleaner plus 5,000 mi oci with Dexos Gen 2 .

What procedure are you using to do the GDI cleaning?

Originally Posted by gotnogunk
webfors: I also have a Cadillac 3.6 eng. I only have 34,000 mi but I am doing GDI cleaner plus 5,000 mi oci with Dexos Gen 2 . anything else you know to do? My engine is very smooth, and I want to keep it that way.

I would add Techron or similar PEA based cleaner through the tank before the oil change followed by the GDI intake clean through the throttle body. The 2.0T calls for 93 octane, so I put the 94 octane to keep her from pulling boost and/or timing.

Exactly what I am doing, Techron plus CRC intake cleaner. This is a new to me car from 28,000 mi. so I will continue with this treatment.

Old American company Federal Mogul which makes Fel pro gaskets. Should be an honest product that does the intended task well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back