C-130 crash landing at Santa Barbara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears to be N119TG, a 1957 built A model

Dude! 62 years later.... still flying

It isn't damaged much, it can fly again easily

No flaps , very serious . Especially if it was loaded heavily or the runway was not overly lone . I have never been there , but I guess that the elevation was pretty close to sea level ?

Thank God they got out alive !

Wyr
God bless

Originally Posted by Linctex
Appears to be N119TG, a 1957 built A model

Dude! 62 years later.... still flying

It isn't damaged much, it can fly again easily

I believe they broke a wing.

It was quite the happening here. The airport closed most of the day so it was pure chaos for the airlines. I'm really happy everyone made it out ok, but it is karma for the airport and what they are doing to some tenants. They are evicting the Civil Air Patrol squadron that has been there 50+ years because they "aren't necessary" to the airport.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
It was quite the happening here. The airport closed most of the day so it was pure chaos for the airlines. I'm really happy everyone made it out ok, but it is karma for the airport and what they are doing to some tenants. They are evicting the Civil Air Patrol squadron that has been there 50+ years because they "aren't necessary" to the airport.

CAP is probably not generating revenue for the airport ?

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Originally Posted by bdcardinal

CAP is probably not generating revenue for the airport ?

Correct which they do per FAA instruction to the airport. One of the FBOs at the airport also gives us discounted/free parking when we have a plane here for o-rides or a SAREX. I get the airport is a business, but it still stinks.

Someone's been busy on pprune today.
You should also post about the remarkable forced landing of an A320 in Russia.
Crew put the aircraft down with no power in a field with no serious injuries to anyone aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back