2015 Tacoma 15.6k OCI Amsoil SS 0W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to sample the last oci unfortunately so there is a small gap in the UOA. Used a fram ultra and amsoil SS 0W30. Almost exclusively highway miles

0919DA71-19C9-4F8F-8F91-FEDB3A3EB6EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by domer10
Wow 15 thousand miles, and even a recommendation for 20.....going to make a lot of OCDers in here uncomfortable
lol.gif

no joke and i just changed mine on my '13 tacoma
im using mobil 1 0w30 advanced

Originally Posted by RTexasF
How much had to be added during this interval?

You know all to often when people post their OCI and UOA they just seem not to think anyone has any interest in this small but important to some people piece of information.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by RTexasF
How much had to be added during this interval?

You know all to often when people post their OCI and UOA they just seem not to think anyone has any interest in this small but important to some people piece of information.
thumbsup2.gif

0 quarts of make up as stated in the report

Nice report! I will be sampling my 2014 with the same engine running M1 5/30. My ODO is about the same as yours. The sample will have about 10,000 miles on the interval so it will be good to compare the results.

You got your money's worth out of this oil. It did thicken some, based on the PDS showing 10.4 cSt viscosity at 100C. Is the engine staying clean inside from what you can see?

It is what I would expect when using an extended performance oil and filter. I would stick with the 15,000 mile interval and no need to keep paying Blackstone labs to tell you what you now already know.

Originally Posted by JAG
You got your money's worth out of this oil. It did thicken some, based on the PDS showing 10.4 cSt viscosity at 100C. Is the engine staying clean inside from what you can see?

But still in grade - barely ...‚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back