Feeling old....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days ago, dropping off the plastic boat for storage I go the marina parts shop looking for teak plugs for my antique project. Seeing none, I ask and the clerk replies "nope, no wood here at all, we've gone long past that..."

This am, stopped at the local AZ for my annual oil change supplies, looking for a lot of M1 15w-50. Seeing none, I again ask. Clerk replies "..not on the floor anymore, clearance, no one uses that any more"

Good news is I got the M1 for $1/qt, but man I'm starting to feel old
eek.gif

Walmart stills carries M1 15W-50, for now. I see it in other stores as well. But, if it is a slow seller, who can say how much longer they will sell it.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Two days ago, dropping off the plastic boat for storage I go the marina parts shop looking for teak plugs for my antique project. Seeing none, I ask and the clerk replies "nope, no wood here at all, we've gone long past that..."

This am, stopped at the local AZ for my annual oil change supplies, looking for a lot of M1 15w-50. Seeing none, I again ask. Clerk replies "..not on the floor anymore, clearance, no one uses that any more"

Good news is I got the M1 for $1/qt, but man I'm starting to feel old
eek.gif

Did you ask the NAPA clerk to turn some rotors? The clerk will say he thinks his great grandfather use to turn brake rotors but not in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back