usps says package delivered and no package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email that said my ebay order had been delivered earlier today, so I walked into the house, then about 5 minutes later I was like wait a minute how come I didn't trip on the two boxes they said came today. The packages are nowhere to be found. The neighbor didn't see any either. I read that sometimes the tracking will say it arrived, then it comes the next day.

Opinions? There was one time I had 4 boxes on my front porch and only two were mine. I walked the other two down the street at 9:30 at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am guessing you have no security cameras ? With the amount of package theft going on, I would lean in that direction.

I don't order on Ebay - who is the usual carrier, or does it depend on the order?

Just re-read part of your post. I did have the same thing happen once to me - 'was delivered', yet arrived next day. Sometimes these guys fall behind, and manipulate their load..... Yes, I know people at UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS.

Last edited:
It depends on what you buy, but typically ebay uses USPS and that's what they used this time.

Originally Posted by SubLGT
Porch pirate took them?

USPS delivered them to wrong address?

Possibly? So what recourse do I have with ebay? If I said I didn't receive the package, they will just look and say it's been delivered.

You can take it up with your credit card/ paypal.

They might give you your money back, once.

But if you make a habit of it, they won't.

Do you want this to be your "gimme"?

I'd wait until tomorrow. Postal employees are human and will cheat like the rest of us. They have insane workloads.

Had the same thing happen to me. USPS scans the label when delivered. Their scanner also records the GPS coordinates where it is scanned. My package was one street over and found within about 15 minutes of my call.

Good luck. Once we had a package that was insured, which was claimed to be delivered. We didn't get it. Was never there.

USPS claimed that since it was logged as delivered, they were absolved of liability.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
So what recourse do I have with ebay? If I said I didn't receive the package, they will just look and say it's been delivered.

Right now ? Nothing but wait. No seller or carrier will do anything this soon except tell you to wait a day or two or longer.

Tracking that says "delivered" without a person signing for it doesn't mean squat. They'll try and tell you it does but it doesn't. If they leave a package w/o a signature, the carrier is the one taking the chance/risk and accepting responsibility. Under no circumstances do you let them push you over on this.

It looks like one was sent by fedex and another sent by usps and both are gone. I wonder if they shipped it using fedex smart post and handed it off to the post office to deliver.

The tracking will indicate if it's handed off (the Fedex package) to the USPS. If they were delivered by two different carriers and both are gone, someone stole 'em....

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Good luck. Once we had a package that was insured, which was claimed to be delivered. We didn't get it. Was never there.

USPS claimed that since it was logged as delivered, they were absolved of liability.

Don't try to get USPS to pay for anything, waste of time.

Could be worse at least it wasnt any of my NOS volvo penta parts.

Had this happen more than once. Wait a day or two, I found the carrier will scan it as delivered, but not deliver it until the next day.

I used to deliver for USPS and I can tell you to stay on them. Yes, the scanner logs GPS so they can tell where it was delivered. eBay will back you on a claim.

Originally Posted by AandPDan
Had the same thing happen to me. USPS scans the label when delivered. Their scanner also records the GPS coordinates where it is scanned. My package was one street over and found within about 15 minutes of my call.

Yep ... if you have the same house number as other houses on adjacent streets it was probably delivered to a house with the same house number. I get that all the time in my neighborhood. It's pretty ridiculous when USPS, Amazon, or UPS/Fed-Ex doesn't even know what street they are on - especially when most use GPS (probably not the USPS however).

Delivery guy not looking or knowing what street he's on: "Hey look, a house with the same number as what's on the package ... must be the place!"
lol.gif

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Had this happen more than once. Wait a day or two, I found the carrier will scan it as delivered, but not deliver it until the next day.

There was a National News story around christmas time about USPS employees scanning packages as delivered, but they hadn't yet been delivered. According to USPS employees who had their identity hidden during the interviews, this was done so USPS could 'demonstrate' to Amazon or whomever they were delivering the packages for, that the USPS could handle the massive volume of packages.

People eventually got their packages, it was just days after USPS claimed they had been delivered.

So OP, that could be what's happening in your case.

Originally Posted by JHZR2

This happened to me as well on a $45 burner part I had ordered. It was supposedly delivered on a Saturday around 1 pm and "they" signed for delivery. Thing is, I was home and in the yard at that time and saw them come by. Checked the mail immediately after they left. Nothing was there. Of course they claimed it was delivered and their proof was the driver's "signature." This was a temp driver as well, not our regular postal person. I filed a claim with the seller and the c/c company. Another item was sent and it arrived safely at no additional cost to me. Because of these USPS "sticky fingers" where a number of items and important letters "were lost,".....I have maintained an out of town PO Box 6 miles away for most items of value or importance.....because we don't trust our local carrier to deliver them. Been like that for the past 5 yrs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back