Firearm solvent/oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some of your guys' recommendations for solvents for cleaning and oils for storage/lubrication. Most of what I have are bolt guns and revolvers and about the only thing I've ever used is rem oil.

Been using Hoppe's and Rem Oil for over 60 years. No rust and my firearms always function.

Originally Posted by totegoat
Been using Hoppe's and Rem Oil for over 60 years. No rust and my firearms always function.

That's all you will ever need. Just like totegoat said.

Ask the soldiers that were in Iraq and so on,,,that would be a good reference on what works well in cleaning weapons, or just watch a video on Hickoc45..

Thanks for the replies guys, I've been looking at all the products and I'm going to experiment with a couple of them. I have wd40, rem oil (just purchased) and hoppe's (just purchased). I'll let y'all know how it pans out.

Boretech Eliminator is the best solvent I've used. It does a great job of removing copper. For storage I leave a light coating of Breakfree CLP in the bore.

For oil while shooting it's Mil-Comm MC2500. It stays where you put it and doesn't burn off.

CLP is a good lube and rust preventative. It's all I use on mr AR's, bolt rifles, and pistols.

Safariland Break Free CLP
Outers Choke Tube & Gun Grease
and Valvoline Maxlife or Synpower 5w30

This is all I've used on any of my weapons, military service included.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back