Elk Jerky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just taking a break at work, munching on some fresh elk jerky that I smoked the other day. Delicious.

Thought I'd share. That is all.

20.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
But Elk jerky that may have lead in it! Yum yum!

Gives it that perfect Twang

I was impressed when I shared elk jerky and people that knew it was elk and not venison or beef.

From?

Originally Posted by 28oz
Just taking a break at work, munching on some fresh elk jerky that I smoked the other day. Delicious.

20.gif

What kind wood did you use to smoke ?

Originally Posted by kstanf150

20.gif

Nothing special. Just a pellet blend from the local Walmart or Winco. No easy way to switch types in the smoker's hopper, so I just use the blend for everything. Always turns out tasty.

Originally Posted by totegoat
I was impressed when I shared elk jerky and people that knew it was elk and not venison or beef.

Yeah, this one was a younger bull, so it's very beef-like. I think most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference if you didn't tell them.

Negative. I never harvest elk that eat paint chips.

Originally Posted by kstanf150

20.gif

Nothing special. Just a pellet blend from the local Walmart or Winco. No easy way to switch types in the smoker's hopper, so I just use the blend for everything. Always turns out tasty.

Gotcha
I have a friend that goes west to elk hunt and shares a little of his harvest. I actually prefer elk over deer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back