Best gun oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*AR's are pretty hard on gun oils so you will see differences in lubes , CLP's , etc. pretty quickly ... For pistols (non 1911's), bolt action rifles and shotguns not as much differences because the guns are a little easier on the oil . For 1911's a thicker , stay put oil like Lucas Extreme or Slip 2000 EWP are better choices . Rem Oil now used for my electric shaver (lol !)
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
*Now adding Lucas Extreme Gun Oil to the mix - this stuff stays put , resists burn off , cleans up fast , low cost and does not evaporate with long term storage on gun .
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
In the gun oil stable now :

1. Slip 2000 EWL
2. Weapon Shield
3. FP10
4. Super Lube
5. M-Pro 7
6. Break Free CLP
7. Ballistol
8. Frog Lube
9. Brownells Friction Defense
10. Rem-Oil
11. Home Brew (M1 20W50 V-Twin Synthetic / Dexron V! mix)

*I like the Ballistol for cleaning only , Frog Lube too labor intensive for the prep / gums up firearms in storage , Rem-Oil only for recoil spring assemblies only.

Lucas is good. I spoke with Bruce Gray and Frank Proctor both about it a while back. Mr. Gray noted less parts breakage on the team SIG guns than prior years. Mr. Proctor noted longer function between cleaning or adding lube on m4 types. I personally prefer slip 2000 ewl. I shoot suppressed mostly, and the slip product tends to "liquify" carbon and the gun gets gritty a lot slower with it. I also find it cleans up faster and easier. WeaponShield was the worst offender in the "gets gritty fast" category for me, but it smells amazing. Mr. Fennel is an friend and has been for over a decade, so it hurts me not to use his products for all things. Fireclean glued my rifle up, and they went full potato legally, so...no thanks. Mpro7 is excellent. I consider it more conventional. Nothing special, just a good evolution of clp. Froglube has the same issues as Fireclean, minus litigation. Super Lube contains ptfe, no thanks. Break free clp causes skin conditions, and does nothing really well except rust prevention, which it is pretty baller at. Rem oil is horrible unless you're spraying it into door locks. I have not tried the others on your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back