Kawasaki Ninja 250R Shell Advance Ultra 10w40 6700km

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA here
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...250r-5500km-motul-5100-10w40#Post4743796

Many short trips before sampling, tried to get it hot and clean by idling for 15 minutes after a 5 minute ride but it seems did not do the job regarding fuel in oil.
Shell performed really well though.
This bike is a perfect testing machine for oil, you can feel slight differences in viscosity and clutch feel because it has so little torque under 5000rpm.
Very pleased with the first "fully synthetic" interval (all the bike has seen was motul 5100 semi from new).
I must note that it was the first time a have seen oil consumption, about 300 to 500ml (that's about half a quart) which dropped the oil level under the min reading but no oil was added in order to get proper results from the analysis.
I am trying redline 10w40 mc oil right now.
Enjoy my little beast
[Linked Image]

The oil has sheared and diluted with fuel. Look at the flash point and flashpoint.

Like I said, it is constantly short tripped.8 kilometers twice a day every day with minimal exceptions. Didn't have the time and will to do a long trip to evaporate the fuel off. Maybe idling the engine for 15 minutes before taking the sample made things worse. The oil would definitely shear as in every other UOA.I think it did pretty well, concerning fuel dilution and distance, metals were quite low also.I am happy with its performance. It also felt thin while driving from cold temps making the engine feel more rev happy than motul and it had obvious advantage in clutch grabbing from day one which was a big surprise for me after 70.000km using only motul 5100.

hmmm
another report that has fuel not in .5 increments
all of a sudden they can do .3 and .8 when in almost 20years its been .5 1.0 1.5 2.0.....

that 360 flash is poor...very poor
like way more than .8 poor
i'd say closer to 2.0 if not above that.

i wonder where you are getting the nickel and lead from?

the rest is very good

Last edited:
I think you should check my car UOA too.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...in-motul-913d-5w30-20-000kms#Post5247676
All three samples were tested at quite low flashpoint.
Last time I have sent oil samples from my 3 vehicles they were all at 400 degrees, now the 2 bikes are at 360 and the car at 385...
And they give 3 different fuel percentages for that.
I don't know if there is some truth or not to believe in.
I also do not now about lead and nickel, it is an old revvy motor with quite a few miles on the clock, but my concern now is the high copper on my car.

lets keep this thread on motorcycles.

here is how insanely stupid the stoners are:

the middle column...which is titled unit/location averages....is a copy of your 1st report.
yet it should be an average (as the very titles says) of the 1st report and this 2nd report.
they aspire to be as smart as my pet rock.

They did the average column values computing correctly at the Fiesta and the cbr600f (posted the same day as this one) 2nd UOA so 66,6% success! Lol. Thanks for noticing and posting.
They did answer my questions concerning the results of the 3 samples (high fuel percentages in 2 of them and high copper over one of them) in a quite lengthy email one day later though.

Not sure on nickel, the 250 use steel cylinder liners, the 300 has a nikasil coated bore, not sure on the new 400.

The bearings have some lead in them, can bearings or rods or the crank have nickel?

Go for a good ride and warm it up thoroughly for many miles before doing the next sample. See what the flashpoint shows then. That will give you a true indication of the oil and how well it resists shearing. Taking a sample loaded with fuel doesn't tell you anything there.

You're not gonna kill this engine doing really anything especially if you're changing the oil as often as you are. They are pretty strong engines.

Thanks for sharing the UAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back