Honda CBR600F PC41 Motul 7100 10w30 6300km 26 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

first UOA was here, same oil same driving conditions.
Just took the sample stone cold this time after a very long trip (which is actually the type of driving this machine sees anyway). Didn't tell Blackstone about it.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...pc41-motul-7100-10w30-5985km#Post4415315

Enjoy

i dont know what to say
this is the 1st ever report of the stoners where they show a fuel that isnt in a .5 increment
its always been none, tr, 0.5 1.0 1.5 2.0.....
1.3 seems .... unlike them for 15+ years
that alone makes me cautious

the rest looks very good....if you believe it

I'm off the opinion you can run just about any motorcycle specific oil in these CBR600F engines. People regularly get over 100,000 miles from these engines. There's some video I saw on YouTube where a guy hit 300,000 miles on an CBR600F4i.

I've got a CBR600RR, and although a completely different bike and engine, still runs strong at 50,000 miles with no consumption. Honda motorcycle engines are just plain reliable.

Am I seeing something others are not?

Wear metals are quite high, I cant help but feel the oil and the UOA would be getting trashed if some cheaper oil was used that cost 70% less.

Originally Posted by JmanG
I've got a CBR600RR, and although a completely different bike and engine, still runs strong at 50,000 miles with no consumption. Honda motorcycle engines are just plain reliable.

this bike features a detuned 2007 600RR engine with lower compression ratio, rev limiter and a plain filter box instead of ram air type. So it is not different enough. Maybe even more reliable.

Alarmguy, the wear is not high, the averages are based on a shorter than 3.000kms internal. It was high at the previous analysis, this one is perfectly good in my opinion. The engine is still quite young.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Am I seeing something others are not?

Wear metals are quite high, I cant help but feel the oil and the UOA would be getting trashed if some cheaper oil was used that cost 70% less.

quite high compared too...........say another 600cc inline 4 with 3904miles on the oci ???

lets see:
tin became infinately better. so BUZZZZ wrong on that
aluminum was less than half. so BUZZZZ wrong again
iron was 1/6 less. so BUZZZZZ wrong yet a 3rd time
copper was 1/6 less so all BUZZZZZ
and the last wear metal lead was 1/3rd less BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wrong

out of the 5 wear metals....ALL were less ... with MORE miles
your eyes....need a checkup

In the comments of the first UOA they say that universal averages are based on a 2600km interval but now they report that iron is above it but:
I went way more than double the distance while my iron is less than double the average so what were they thinking... They should say that my wear is better than average based on my distance.
Maybe they throw some kind of dice to give a fuel percentage at the end... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back