Bought a unknown air rifle and need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid $10 for this at a flea market this past weekend and was told by the owner that it worked but he couldn't remember the caliber. i have cocked it and it does fire. It is a under lever rifle it says made in china on the barrel with a capitol R next to the engraving but no other info.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry for the junk in the photos.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have one very similar if not identical. It is .177 caliber pellets.

Looks like the same action as on a China mfg "AK" training rifle I bought years ago. I believe mine was NORINCO mfg., but the PRC like Russia can have standard designs manufactured by a number of firms.

If it is the same, it is probably .177 and will reach supersonic speeds with light pellets...at least mine will. Mine has a trigger safety that block the trigger. I never completely trusted it nor the ratchet that holds the spring piston back as the rifle is loaded, so I usually loaded mine with tweezers. The sight on mine was loose so I had to stake it and use Loctite.

Fun rifle for what it is.

I will pick up some .177 pellets tomorrow to try from the local gun shop they carry daisy .177 pointed in the 250 ct for less than 3.50.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Looks like the same action as on a China mfg "AK" training rifle I bought years ago.

I have one of those exact rifles. (It has a folding stock, and is built like a farm tractor). I got it from a neighbor who no longer wanted it. It's as heavy as any AK I own, and it shoots accurately, with plenty of power. These are nice rifles. It's a shame they are no longer imported.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Whatever it is don't fire it without a pellet.

+1000

Spring piston guns will sometimes destroy the internals with just 1 shot without a pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back