Mobil 1 5w30 SN+ D1G2 VOA

Sent off a sample to Blackstone on Vanilla M1 5w30 SN+

Looks good. I did notice the viscosity is lower than Mobil states on their PDS. I was surprised to see the viscosity @100c was 10.37cst rather than 11.0

5w30 version looks different than a previously posted 5w20 version here on BITOG.

Enjoy!
thumbsup2.gif

[Linked Image]

Mobil's stated specs

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Thanks for VOA. You do realize that: 1. There is always some measurement error on Mobil's side and Blackstone's side, like stacking tolerances. This isn't a big deal, and 2nd, 0.6 cSt at 100*C is insignificant in the scheme of engine oil.

Thanks for sharing. Mobil 1 formulations are generally consistent across the board, other than base oil composition.

Originally Posted by buster
Thanks for sharing. Mobil 1 formulations are generally consistent across the board, other than base oil composition.

Thanks buster!

This is going in the Tucson next. What is Vanilla M1 5a30 using as base these days? I'm guessing a mix of GTL and other?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by buster
Looks like PAO/GTL blend with probably some AN.

Decent VI for 5w30 … calcium and magnesium as Dexos 1.2

I see Walmart now has the Mobil 1 5w-30 Extended Performance in High Mileage formula - and Exxon Mobil does not have the SDS sheets available (I think that's against the rules) - but if anything, the EP High Mileage should have even more PAO base than the plain Extended Performance.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BusyLittleShop
Could you point out which 5w30 you sampled???

[Linked Image]

The "regular" or "vanilla" version, which is the one on the left in your picture.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I just picked up a jug of this for my 2014 Tacoma and a Mobil 1 filter. I will be sending off a UOA to Blackstone after a 10,300 mile interval of the same this week.

The report you just posted is from 2018. Do you have anything constructive you’re trying to provide here.

At first I thought this was the new Triple Action formulation, but then noticed the 2018 date.

Back