FRAM ULTRA 7317 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks
smile.gif

This filter is from Subierubyroo and off of unknown "vehicle" LOL!

Took a bite out of my knuckles to get element out of the can as it had to have been torqued on to God knows how tight
frown.gif

Filter on other hand looks ok and hopefully Subyrubieroo will answer all questions
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

On pics of ADBV, there was lil' circle of black "stuff"

Wiped right off with my finger and adbv was very soft with no tears etc.

Everything looks really good Except the can Goodness that
that thing looks ruff ...³

Subie must of run over it before he shipped it ...‚

Filter can mangling probably upon removal since filters seem to come off more difficult than going on. Good C&P.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Filter can mangling probably upon removal since filters seem to come off more difficult than going on. Good C&P.

Thank You sir
smile.gif

All in all filter looks good. I'll chop the 2 NAPA GOLD's Subyrubieroo sent tomorrow
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Linctex
It survived the torture test!!!

LOL! Very true. I'm looking forward to some of your filter cut and posts too
grin.gif

This was on my Impreza most recently for 7700 miles, only removed to do a particle count comparison between this and my last MicroGreen 201-7. The reason the van looks destroyed is for some reason every XG I've used comes off super tight even when slathering the gasket. Dunno Y. The other reason is the Impreza exhaust wraps around the filter mount like a boa constrictor, and my bear paws can't fit in far enough to get a solid grip since even the longer 7317 is recessed about 3" up in the exhaust loop. Thanks for C&P Adam!

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
This was on my Impreza most recently for 7700 miles, only removed to do a particle count comparison between this and my last MicroGreen 201-7. The reason the van looks destroyed is for some reason every XG I've used comes off super tight even when slathering the gasket. Dunno Y. The other reason is the Impreza exhaust wraps around the filter mount like a boa constrictor, and my bear paws can't fit in far enough to get a solid grip since even the longer 7317 is recessed about 3" up in the exhaust loop. Thanks for C&P Adam!

Anytime Chris
smile.gif

I'll sacrifice your NAPA GOLD filters tomorrow hopefully
lol.gif

My son had the same issue on his F150 using a Fram XG
Very difficult getting it off. Any idea why ?

Nope! The other thing I noticed about XGs, twice in my life I've had the gasket stick to the mounting boss, and both were XGs. Lubricated the same as every other filter; maybe Fram's gasket is made of a slightly different rubber that has a higher COF or...?

Nope! The other thing I noticed about XGs, twice in my life I've had the gasket stick to the mounting boss, and both were XGs. Lubricated the same as every other filter; maybe Fram's gasket is made of a slightly different rubber that has a higher COF or...?

I maybe the only one on this site that does it
But I have an old can of bearing grease that's moly fortified
I use that instead of oil on the gasket
Never had a problem with a stuck filter

I use it on my Camry, I dont have problems removing it. I use an oil filter wrench without a problem.

Yes ... awkward location, especially when hot ! I use this filter tool on a 6 inch extension to remove filters. No problem, ever.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back