What bearing grease for off road vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2019 Can Am Maverick X3 side by side off road vehicle (similar to a Polaris RZR) I purchased some grease to service the wheel bearings. I mainly ride in the desert and sand. I will get some mud and snow from time to time as the normal packed down dirt trails get a bit muddy with rain. The owners manual does not mention grease specifications.

I purchased this product.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CQ4DK0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is this a good choice or would you recommend something else?

Last edited:
i have used belray waterproof grease for years in my dirtbikes..holds up great in off road conditions. wheel bearing, swingarms, linkages, pivots, steering heads, and dabs on my clutch and brake levers..

I have 1500 miles on my 2019 RZR Turbo after greasing with Mystik #2 when i first bought it.. I chose Mystik because of the excellent washout resistance.. i grease my sway bar with it also.. cant even spray it off with a pressure washer. Plus its like $4 a tube. I ride tons of creeks and streams and nasty mud..

That one you bought is rated GC so its good for wheel bearings. Not sure how good it is for washout. But looks like thats not an issue for your riding.

Just dont overdo it, like where you push past the seals. And make sure you torque the castle nut back to specs and no worries.

The price is higher than I would pay for a comparable product. A #2 GCLB is the correct grade and specification. I use #1 GCLB in the great white north year round.
Some "synthetic" grease such a Pet-Can Gold is listed as a 1.5

I am not a shill for Lucas, but I do like this product: Lucas X-TRA Heavy Duty Grease
https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-Ounce-10301-Grease/dp/B000IG20RW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=411G0EWG5WQB&keywords=lucas+x-tra+heavy+duty+grease&qid=1573097331&sprefix=Lucase+X-tra+%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-3

It has an excellent 4.4 star rating on Amazon (430 ratings today) and the price is right.
My Prime price is $4.98 for a 14.5 oz tube.
And, I've never had it separate in a grease gun as well... I rate it highly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back