Apparently we cannot get Champion filters in kalifornia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to order some Champion filters from RA because they are on closeout. When checking out I get a message stating, "Part # COS8A cannot ship to California because we do not have documentation required by Proposition 65 from CHAMPION FILTER."

I'll be so glad when I escape this state!

Originally Posted by Sunnyinhollister
I tried to order some Champion filters from RA because they are on closeout. When checking out I get a message stating, "Part # COS8A cannot ship to California because we do not have documentation required by Proposition 65 from CHAMPION FILTER."

I'll be so glad when I escape this state!

Isn't prop 65 about warning about potential cancer causing "things" the product possibly contains? So don't eat the filter or the packaging and you should be ok
smirk2.gif
. I live in NJ and our Governor is trying to catch up to you guys as fast as he can
33.gif

Whimsey

I've seen prop 65 warnings on almost everything, bordering on absurd. No wait... Not bordering, over the edge.

Evidently California thinks everything causes cancer.

Isn't Cali supposed to be the land of milk and honey?

It's my understanding that the state of California can issue massive fines on any company that does not have the "65" warning on a product they make, even if a product states on it "Not for sale in the state of California."

PepBoys shows this filter ready to pick up TODAY at several stores around Los Angeles. Sounds like a ROCK AUTO problem to me.

Associate could not get a RA fuel pump shipped to Cali because it didn't have the California Air Resources Board (CARB) approval. Was forced to go to a local Autozone and pay double for a China knockoff.

Originally Posted by Bud
Isn't Cali supposed to be the land of milk and honey?

To quote Bring Me the Horizon... "Sugar, Honey, Ice and Tea"

I'll bring you some of those contraband oil filters in from Nevada; we can meet in the Walmart parking lot in Gilroy. Do you need some straws, too?

I never saw a prop 65 warning on a filter box or filter, just looked at some, and Pep Boys was selling them as well as others. I like the labels, bring them out more. I want to know what I am buying, having had cancer in the family. A good law to try and inform the public for their safety and who knows why anyone is against that. The silicon valley was heavily polluted by tech companies back in the day. Lots of cancer. Then there is the food you eat from CA. So glad we are doing smarter things now. At least to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back