Reverse tire look up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Does anyone know if an online reverse tire lookup exists?

Somewhere where I can enter a tire size and see all the vehicles it was the stock size for?

Thanks

thanks but that is not what I am looking for

for example what I am looking for is a site where I can enter 225/70R16

and it will tell me all the stock vehicles / stock applications for that size

manufacturers have spec tyres made slightly different for THEM. that said any tyre with the proper load + similar diameter will work, factors like wear + traction-performance vary widely by the cost + name of the manufacturer!

So the question changed?

I think you were given the answer. If you google a tire size, the site provided was one of many that show what cars use that size.

Looks like all you have to do is enter it as a URL. I.E. https://www.wheel-size.com/tire/205/55R16/

You can see the section width, the aspect ratio and the wheel size in the URL adjust your search accordingly. I.E. ..../tire/SECTION/ASPECTrWHEEL where you replace SECTION, ASPECT and WHEEL with your values.

Originally Posted by tiredguy
thanks but that is not what I am looking for

for example what I am looking for is a site where I can enter 225/70R16

and it will tell me all the stock vehicles / stock applications for that size

Agree, the provided links answer the question as typed. Not in a very readable/usable format, but that website claims to offer an API, through which one could access arbitrary data and format it to one's liking.

If there's a different question BEHIND the question OP actually typed, then we are in an XY problem, and we need OP to ask the ACTUAL question he meant to ask.

Yeah, what are you trying to do? Sell some tires on craigslist? Buy them from a junkyard?

thank you, yes the wheel size website is what I am looking for.

My bad, I replied with out a quote and someone else posted while I was replying so my reply looks like it is for teh post above mine but was meant for the post two above.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Google is your friend. Found this one for you, there are more:

https://www.wheel-size.com/tire/275/70R17/

CAUTION!!:

This web site has some deceptive information on it.

1) The calculation for revs per mile is wrong. Tires lose about 3% when rolling, That is, the calculated Revs per Mile should be about 3% HIGHER!

2) Since the vehicle isn't specified, they can NOT calculate clearances. You are supposed to input the clearance parameters (or they make an assumption about the clearances for the stock size), then adjust those clearances. The problem is that the clearances are for a STATIC tire and wheel - and not only do tires deflect under cornering, the suspension doesn't just travel up and down, it also travels in an arc, so the fully compressed suspension might cause a tire rub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back