My '88 Daytona

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hi! This is my non-turbo '88 Daytona, 5-spd. (obviously). It's kind of uncommon because it's the base model with T-tops. I poached the rear wing and louvers from a junk turbo model an old guy had. It's currently in my driveway awaiting a new clutch
frown.gif

I love these. I have owned 2 88 Daytona Pacficas, 1 88 Daytona Shelby, 1 86 Omni GLH, Shelby Lancer #24 and about 5 other Turbo Mopars.
It always makes me happy to see them still driving.

My friend had one. I remember driving it for the first time accelerating hard and the shift from 1st to 2nd.....torque steer was phenomenal. Other than that it was pretty fun.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
I love these. I have owned 2 88 Daytona Pacficas, 1 88 Daytona Shelby, 1 86 Omni GLH, Shelby Lancer #24 and about 5 other Turbo Mopars.
It always makes me happy to see them still driving.

I'm incredibly jealous. I love all Turbo Mopars (and 80s Mopars in general), every last one. A guy near me had a Shelby Shadow up for sale on Marketplace, but it was just too trashed for me to bite on.

My very first car in high school was this teal '91 base Shadow 5-speed. I drove it for 3 years with no issues at all, and I did zero maintenance to it.
[Linked Image]

I had a 88 Daytona Shelby Z back in my early/middle 20s. Mine was the Turbo 2 paired with a 5 speed and removable tee tops. Gosh how I luved and miss that car. Still kick myself in the rear for letting it go. Body was in perfect shape but toasted the motor and did not have the extra dime back then to invest.

Last edited:
Wow, talk about a blast from the past! I haven't seen one of those since 2005 when my friend had one for his first car. Don't think I've even seen them in the salvage yard anymore either.

Originally Posted by Delta
Wow, talk about a blast from the past! I haven't seen one of those since 2005 when my friend had one for his first car. Don't think I've even seen them in the salvage yard anymore either.

I've only run into one other running one. A guy who's about 60 in my area has a blue 88 or 89 Shelby that he bought new. It still looks amazing. I told him I'd trade and he declined for some reason
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
I had a 88 Daytona Shelby Z back in my early/middle 20s. Mine was the Turbo 2 paired with a 5 speed and removable tee tops. Gosh how I luved and miss that car. Still kick myself in the rear for letting it go. Body was in perfect shape but toasted the motor and did not have the extra dime back then to invest.

You should have just parked it in a field like everyone else did. You know, to get it running again, someday...

That is sharp! Had a GF who had one in the 90's, not remotely as nice.
Haven't seen one of those in ages, or any FWD Mopar of that vintage for that matter.
With the example of a clean Rampage just today, strangely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back