To change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
I wish the OP would have mentioned what oil was in the sump.

If it's already diluted by fuel, and smells like gas, does what's in there matter much?

Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by PimTac
I wish the OP would have mentioned what oil was in the sump.

If it's already diluted by fuel, and smells like gas, does what's in there matter much?

I guess not. I assume that part of the comment was in the original post. I didn't see it.

Last edited:
My take - If your trip is going to be mostly highway miles, leave it in and do it when you get back.

My main reason? The oil filter on there now is 'good'.. no leaks, and isn't going to back out now because of not being on there tight enough. Do you know for CERTAIN that the filter you're going to put on with the new oil is not going to leak and won't back out while driving? Do you want that to happen while you're 500+ miles from home?

Is it likely to happen? No.. but could it? Yes.

Just my $0.02

Flip a coin. Honestly, it won't make one bit of difference in the life span of your engine no matter which one you choose here.

Sorry it's a almost brand new truck that I'm still getting free oci at the dealer... so most likely motorcraft or possibly cheap bulk oil. I'm on a 5k oci schedule and the truck sees around town to 20 min highway drives. Generally it fully warms up everyday as the little ford EB warms up fast.

No brainer, you'll be thinking about this the whole trip and end up changing at your destination, Change it, you'll sleep better.
cheers3.gif

Change it asap so it gives you time to drive it around a while before you leave so you can check for leaks.

5400 miles, IOLM shows 55%. Since I'm already over 5k I guess I ought to change it before leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back