What's in your grease gun???

Picked up my grease gun for the first time since the weather turned warm, and it clearly had Mobil 1 in it, as the red carrier oil leaked out all over my clothes, shoes and garage floor. What a mess. Replaced with a fresh tube of Valvoline synthetic.

Well...I didn't see anyone using PowerUp. Then it's Mobil syn. I have an advantage of SEVERAL great greases due to work
21.gif

Little pistol gun has StaLube moly
Regular gun just ran out of Mobil 1 red, giving Shell Rotella HD a go.

Gun 1 Kendall L-427 Super Blu
Gun 2 Lucas Red N Tacky

Just trying to use up the Red N Tacky have had a couple tubes laying around. No problems with Red N Tacky but not really impressed with it either bleeds bad in my gun.

The Kendall Super Blu I have been using in everything the cars, tractor, brush hog, mowers, and excavator. It seems to stay put and last. Very happy with it. I have always been a Chevron fan and just got a good deal on Delo EP 2 blue grease so I picked up 2 tubes to try.

PL-10 LAST TUBE
SLICK 50 (ITS MAYBE 20 YEARS OLD) STILL GOOD.

Have two tubes of VV279 to replace both and grease some lawnmower spindles.

Presently, Mobil 1, as evidenced by this little puddle I clean up once a week, but soon........

IMG_20200717_090225.jpg

IMG_20200717_090234.jpg

IMG_20200717_090245.jpg

My grease gun finally ran out. When I pulled the tube, I discovered that (for the last few years) I've been using Slick 50 "1" Grease. Supposed to be the "1" grease for everything. It's sorta a green color.

So, in goes a tube of red Mystic JT-6 high-temp.
Sunoco ultraplex 2

Back